PDA

View Full Version : [Interesting] Prototype This! - New Show On Discovery!

srobot
10-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Anyone else a fan? :)

You can watch the show for free at Discovery.com, or watch it on the Discovery channel at 8 PM on Wednesdays.

See my blog for details :veryhappy::

http://ribolabs.wordpress.com/2008/10/28/emotiv-and-robotics/

darkback2
10-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I enjoyed the show...except for the fact that I registered and pre-ordered one of those mind reader things almost a year ago, and haven't heard anything from the company...I want my mind reader controller interface thingy!.....Bah!

DB

Adrenalynn
10-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I'm in the same place, DB.

It is a good show - I tend to disagree with many of their approaches, but their results seem to be there to some extent or another. :)

srobot
10-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I'm in the same place, DB.

It is a good show - I tend to disagree with many of their approaches, but their results seem to be there to some extent or another. :)

I'm hoping the mind readers go down in cost once the gaming industry picks the technology up. I'll buy one once they are under $200.

I do agree, sometimes their approaches are a bit, um, not the best way. I did not agree with them buying 3 extra laptops when they could have worked it out with better software (or running it virtually, I think?)... I guess that *would* have taken more time then... I still think they should have done complete mind driving (right, left, etc.)! What was up with the Mythbusters having boxing robots at RoboGames, and now the Prototype This! team doing the same thing and claiming that it is "new"?

Anyone remember Joe Grand? ;)