PDA

View Full Version : My Visual Midi Conductor Trigger

djsures
11-09-2008, 07:41 PM
YouTube - Visual Midi Trigger DIY Gadget

This project was just an expirement, of course... For fun really. But I figured i'd share it because it's laughable lol

I first set out to send midi data from the Pic Microcontroller to a midi device... It worked. So the next step was to find something innovative to do with that knowledge. I suggest you watch the video to see it in action, but here is a summary...

A Windows C# .Net interface uses my webcam to watch for a finger. It recognizes the finger position and sends that information to the Pic 16F877a over serial. The Pic converts that information into Midi Note packets, which it sends to the Midi device.

4mem8
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, That's definitely different DJsures, could lead to something unusual.

darkback2
11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Something I have always struggled with with "instruments" that lack physical feed back, is that it becomes incredibly difficult to negotiate the instrument. Think theramin. Pretty Cool though.

DB

djsures
11-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Something I have always struggled with with "instruments" that lack physical feed back, is that it becomes incredibly difficult to negotiate the instrument. Think theramin. Pretty Cool though.

DB

i totally know what u mean . it's useless as a musical instrument . i don't even know where i got hte idea from .. beer probably . i did end up throwing 8 sharp ir distance sensors on a peice of 2x4 wood connected to this device . it let me control different parameters of sounds (kind of like the roland ir beam on the 808)