PDA

View Full Version : Just Asking (Parallax)

Quantum
11-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Out of curiosity how many people are messing around with the Propeller.

If so why? If not why not?

No really reason for the question just want to see opinions.

Paul

Adrenalynn
11-13-2008, 12:47 AM
I've poked at the propeller a bit. The cool thing for me is its inherent NTSC video display ability. Other than that, I like my AVRs.

lnxfergy
11-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Not using any of their products. I've got most of my existing code in AVR libraries and some newer python stuff on the PC. It's just too time consuming to learn a new tool, and to recode base libraries that I use.

I've also started to move away from using micros exclusively as I really am starting to need the PC power. I've got plenty of AVR code to make an AVR act as any sort of glue-logic that I need, so no real need for a new micro.

-Fergs

kankatee
11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
I am a fan of Parallax products in general. Everything I have bought from them has been well documented and easy to implement. That said, I have not yet had the chance to play with the Propeller. What excites me most about the Propeller, is the idea of running 8 independent cogs. I look forward to getting one soon.

Zenta
11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi,

I have played with the propeller just a little bit. So far just done some test programs connected to the SSC32 and also the Dynamixel AX-12. But I find the SPIN a bit time consuming to get "into". So far I've struggled finding some good math objects.

Have not done much with it lately though....

-Zenta