PDA

View Full Version : [Project] hrmmm...

joe_z8
11-24-2008, 08:19 PM
hi there...

i'm doing on my final year project on bipedal...
and i'm a beginner....don't know much about bipedal...:confused:
but i know a little...
somebody told me..this forum got many experts...

can anyone guide me???:sad::sad::sad::sad:

more...does anyone know about ZMP>>>zero moment point???<<instead of telling me that i can get it from wikipedia or others site.

thanks.

Adrenalynn
11-24-2008, 08:27 PM
more...does anyone know about ZMP>>>zero moment point???<<instead of telling me that i can get it from wikipedia or others site.

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, I do. Is there any specific questions you had that aren't answered in Wikipedia et-al?

darkback2
11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Here is a question...why not just build a biped, and see for yourself. For a more natural looking gate, I would suggest using either the biped scout by lynxmotion (http://www.lynxmotion.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=67). Not sure what your budget is like...but if your really broke, considder trying to figure it out using a wooden painting model.

joe_z8
11-25-2008, 09:19 AM
thanks darkback2,
a question.
does the Lynxmotion SEQ sequencer = SSC-32 sequencer???

darkback2
11-25-2008, 09:28 AM
hmmmmm

I guess...though I think that means looking for some sort of wireless solution for the seriial or USB connection.

I'm pretty sure the lynxmotion sequencer needs to be in constant contact with the ssc-32.

DB

joe_z8
11-25-2008, 10:38 PM
if i buy this ssc-32 servocontroller from lynxmotion.

then...what else should i need??
is there any GUI software can be implemented?

already have the servomotor,bracket.

thanks

tom_chang79
11-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Just keep in mind that a biped concentrates all of its motion with just two legs instead of say fa quadrapod or a hexapod, which implies you will need high torque servos or really clever in your programming that you can compensate for it by using complementary motions. You should really start out with a kit biped if you know nothing of bipeds so that you can get some packaged or "canned" moves and it will defaultly walk (with a little bit of work of course). Some of the kits I recommend are:

1) Bioloid
2) Robobuilder
3) Robonova
4) Kondo KHR-2HV

Before you make any purchase, I highly suggest you stop by this site:

http://www.robotservicesgroup.com/index.html

It has reviews of RTW (ready to walk) and kit bipeds on there... Lynxmotion ones are fine as well, but they can get quite advanced if you are new to programming, microcontrollers, etc...

However, you can buy a Lynxmotion BRAT kit which really is the simplest biped out there and you can learn ALOT from that kit.

Remember, if you're building a Biped from scratch, go for servos with the highest torque. That's why if you're going for a kit, I recommend the Bioloid above all others since it is the king of torque out of all other kits. But all other kits are fine and does allow the bot to walk.