PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Pololu 3A Motor Controller with Feedback

kankatee
12-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Pololu (http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/392) controller with feedback? I am still trying to "balance" my motors using encoders from BaneBots, but just recently blew my Sabertooth 2x5. I thought perhaps the Pololu controller might make balancing my motors an easier task.

Adrenalynn
12-21-2008, 10:40 PM
How'd you blow your 2x5? Those things are pretty indestructable. I've done very rude things to my 2x10 and haven't managed to kill-kill it. I've gotten it to shut down repeatedly drawing like 35A/chan through it, but a battery on backward once, broke wires took it apart and resoldered it and added better heat-sinking, but never killed it.

kankatee
12-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I was doing a test run. The bot slammed in a book shelf that had a cup of wires on the edge. The cup fell, the wires spilled out and landed right on the 2x5. She gone.

What do you think of the Pololu?

Adrenalynn
12-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Ouch! Comfort!

No opinion. I have one of their toy motor controllers, but haven't had time to play with it. I thought you were using motors that drew more than 3A?

kankatee
12-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I just ordered a Sabertooth 2x25. I might as well stick with something I have soome experience with. Thanks for the feedback.