PDA

View Full Version : [Project] my test-bot design

robot maker
12-22-2008, 07:03 PM
i came super close to finish my test design robot with AI SOFTWARE ,you can ask it question and will come up with a random answer,,same with jokes,it does have emotions ,get weather from the internet and news,recognized faces if in database and a lot lot more,software is done ,mostly to add other ideas into it,only left is the finish of the wiring,and finished web cam but all is built and addded to my design mostly all boards ,except for sensor ideas,right now not puuting up the info on software (sorry little secret for now) ,but will give it out as its a open source like all my projects,wasent done by me but i did learn the book on it to make my own codes
right just learning c++ for adding some circuits,hard part is to make a dll,does use a 2.8 mhz itx board and for vision it uses roborealm for now,hope soon to change over to another software for vision,i guess the main QUESTION is where are the photos , i will post them bywednesday or thursday at the latest,also do have that it can talk to my homebase computer ,to let it know its need a batteery charge and use X10 control that i got working and added to my design,only waiting on pcb to be made and tested fully,at work on prototype board perfect,now pcb board ,then post circuit design

Connor
12-22-2008, 07:14 PM
What software are you using for recognizing the faces?

I currently have Argos doing the following.

Accepting commands via voice, even works most of the time with other people (It's trained using my voice with MS SAPI 5.1)

Commands such as System Check which reports the Voltage and Amps being used by the main CPU (not the drive unit)

Reports the time.

Drive it around using basic commands like, Forward, 4 units, left 2 units etc..

Operate X10 via voice Commands.. 'Turn on hall light' or 'Turn hall light on'

So far, it's 100% based on Python, save the vision which is RoboRealm, and I'm using their API for that. I'm wanting to get the A-Star pathfinding and navigation in place so I can have him go from 1 point to another in the house.. Still waiting for my Compass and sonar senors.. I'm getting those for Chrismas!

The face recognition is on my list of things to do.. I would also like him to be able to recognize WHO is talking to him via voice.

Thanks, Connor

robot maker
12-22-2008, 07:42 PM
OPENCV and the AI SOFTWARE,does so far using MS SAPI 5.1
i am looking into trying other vison software for recognizing faces
it accepts commands by vioce all of them you ask and zero problems
does say it hungry when needs battery charge ,also can add any person to the design and can say if like the person or not,and feeling is the best,sorry,unhappy ,crying ,love,bored and more
reports day and time
i have a link will find it for face recognized software different types
or in a few weeks as i am done adding it to my johnny five project first ,will post it
also X10 is voice commands ,but interface is hook up to homebase for 2 way and PLD AND RF control
i had firecraker but didnt like it because of no 2 way and sometimes fail
next is to add IR CONTROL for stereo and tv control,i bought the usb uirt,and found a good sdk software to control it,just the dam dll making again i need to learn ,but coding is always latter to be done
looking to add python for locating bases and landmarks,as i test circiuts,sensor and software will add to my main design that i really want to finish fast BEER-BOT design,most done but sensors and camera,getting SRV-1 FROM good people at TROSSEN ,to test it high coist but i never care on cost only how well it works compare to other camera

what sensors are you buying ,sonars maxbotic is the best i tested
and compass cmp-03 ,TPA81 FOR THERMAL detection for setting pan and tilt motor on webcam and other thermal detecting

What software are you using for recognizing the faces?

I currently have Argos doing the following.

Accepting commands via voice, even works most of the time with other people (It's trained using my voice with MS SAPI 5.1)

Commands such as System Check which reports the Voltage and Amps being used by the main CPU (not the drive unit)

Reports the time.

Drive it around using basic commands like, Forward, 4 units, left 2 units etc..

Operate X10 via voice Commands.. 'Turn on hall light' or 'Turn hall light on'

So far, it's 100% based on Python, save the vision which is RoboRealm, and I'm using their API for that. I'm wanting to get the A-Star pathfinding and navigation in place so I can have him go from 1 point to another in the house.. Still waiting for my Compass and sonar senors.. I'm getting those for Chrismas!

The face recognition is on my list of things to do.. I would also like him to be able to recognize WHO is talking to him via voice.

Thanks, Connor

Connor
12-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm getting the Matboix EZ-0 for thr back, and EZ-1's for the front and sides and angles. For the compass.. the Devantech compass.

robot maker
12-22-2008, 08:29 PM
thats the same i have,have the new ones lv-maxsonar-ez1,and now i see waterproof ones
i bought awhile back 30 for a great deal,to cover all my robot design and sonar ring design
i see alot of designs using 16 sonars ,some on servo magazine
also has accelermeter board and gyro board and looking at more types of sensors to test
like thermal image camera,lot of sensors i use at work like gas and alcohol sensors i can get for free and ultrasonic transduces,freon,but dont really see a need maybe,IR EMITTERS and detectors i can get,magnetic,humidity sesor i can get and thermistors,i design in house testers for test equipment company

DresnerRobotics
12-22-2008, 08:51 PM
What are you going to be using the accelerometer and gyro for?

Have you considered an anti-mass spectrometer?

robot maker
12-22-2008, 09:07 PM
for speed is one,other was on the board i bought i put together main cpu board ,has sensor inputs,ir ,sonar,motor encoders ,digital control lines
in the next month or 2 will post about board design and AI software

BOARD DOES COST SOME ABOUT $250 built or $35 for pcb board and parts maybe $175 or less if have most parts ,i bought and build 5 boards,one less parts need because of home base charger ,dont need motors ,accel,and gyro and encoders,a few sonars,IR and digital ines and A-D TO measure all battery voltage and turn on relays,one going inside MY JOHNNY FIVE modded design

\
What are you going to be using the accelerometer and gyro for?

Have you considered an anti-mass spectrometer?

Adrenalynn
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
What AI? Did you author it? If so what model is it? What's the training cycle and dataset?

robot maker
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
no didnt make only made many changes in the code,is open source ,sorry but keeping it a secret to my self just for a little time
like i said i will post info on it in about a month or 2

What AI? Did you author it? If so what model is it? What's the training cycle and dataset?

DresnerRobotics
12-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Sounds like ALICE and/or UltraHAL.

I couldn't stand either, nor do I consider either "AI". They're really just databases that respond in a pseudo random fashion. Even their learning mode doesn't work very well.

Me- "You are a robot."
Robot- "I know that I am a robot, because you told me"
Me- "What are you?"
Robot- "That is an interesting question, Andrew."
Me- "Are you a robot?"
Robot- "Are YOU a robot, Andrew?"
Me- "Tell me your name"
Robot- "My name is Johnny 5. What is your name, Andrew?
Me- "....."

That pretty much sums up my experience with the open source "AI" I've encountered thus far. I took it off of my robot because if he only says what I want him to say, he holds a better illusion of being intelligent (unless of course you're trying to get him to talk on stage, being filmed for national television, and he just up and decides to not do anything you tell him to, GRRR).

robot maker
12-22-2008, 10:08 PM
here are some photos everyone waiting on

robot maker
12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
sorry not them
i guess keep guessing ,having fun yet
but also very cool is can spell any word when you ask it,sometimes wont answer kinda stubborn sometimes,i am adding to read a bible to it and when i ask a verse will find it ,also 3 laws of robotics (my favorate)
some AI is like that sometimes because doesnt have a read brain,this is a little better because kinda think for its self and has emotions and with another software can show it on computer screen (face),i hope with sapi engine i can operate servos in head design but not on my test bot

some use CSLU TOOLKIT for to show emotions

Sounds like ALICE and/or UltraHAL.

I couldn't stand either, nor do I consider either "AI". They're really just databases that respond in a pseudo random fashion. Even their learning mode doesn't work very well.

Me- "You are a robot."
Robot- "I know that I am a robot, because you told me"
Me- "What are you?"
Robot- "That is an interesting question, Andrew."
Me- "Are you a robot?"
Robot- "Are YOU a robot, Andrew?"
Me- "Tell me your name"
Robot- "My name is Johnny 5. What is your name, Andrew?
Me- "....."

That pretty much sums up my experience with the open source "AI" I've encountered thus far. I took it off of my robot because if he only says what I want him to say, he holds a better illusion of being intelligent (unless of course you're trying to get him to talk on stage, being filmed for national television, and he just up and decides to not do anything you tell him to, GRRR).

DresnerRobotics
12-22-2008, 11:11 PM
sorry not them
i guess keep guessing ,having fun yet
but also very cool is can spell any word when you ask it,sometimes wont answer kinda stubborn sometimes,i am adding to read a bible to it and when i ask a verse will find it ,also 3 laws of robotics (my favorate)
some AI is like that sometimes because doesnt have a read brain,this is a little better because kinda think for its self and has emotions and with another software can show it on computer screen (face),i hope with sapi engine i can operate servos in head design but not on my test bot

some use CSLU TOOLKIT for to show emotions

Naw, just sounds similar to those, I'm not up for a guessing game.

Personally I don't post about anything I don't plan on sharing at the time of posting. And that said, unless bound by CDA/NDA, I can't recall of anything I haven't openly discussed here. I'm a big advocate of spreading knowledge amongst peers so that we can all learn collaboratively.

Have fun with your project!

robot maker
12-22-2008, 11:25 PM
i 100% plan to share my codes software ,all circuit designs,when finished testing
still only have in main computer till last step ,could be done much much sonner then said

not really a guessing game ,just adding a little fun,not because of not posting the software thats not the reason,reason is that design not finished to add it
hopping to put robot online very fast thinking feb14 trying sonner,then all info on it
parts lists software lists,website on project and alot more
hope to also enter the contest with it and tape videos in action

also another reason to post all info when done is to get help on areas i am stuck

Naw, just sounds similar to those, I'm not up for a guessing game.

Personally I don't post about anything I don't plan on sharing at the time of posting. And that said, unless bound by CDA/NDA, I can't recall of anything I haven't openly discussed here. I'm a big advocate of spreading knowledge amongst peers so that we can all learn collaboratively.

Have fun with your project!