PDA

View Full Version : Basic atom problem

sam
12-26-2008, 04:33 PM
I am using the mini ABB with the Basic Atom 28.

I connected it to my computer with a serial port. It worked and I managed to upload programs to the Basic. Then while changing to the basic stamp and then back to the basic atom, it stoped working. I believe that I put the basic atom the wrong way in (I didn't put pin 1 in the slot for pin 1). No smoke or anything. I put it back the right way and it didn't work. My basic stamp still works with the mini ABB so it's not the board. Maybe I changed a couple of setting in the system preferences but it seams like I tried them all.

Is it possible that I fried my Basic Atom by putting it the wrong way in? I thought they were protected from that. I guess I will be obligated to purchase another one... http://www.lynxmotion.net/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif The first time I get it to work in 18 month, I fry it right after...

Any explanations would be much apreciated.

Sam

4mem8
12-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I would say that you have fried it putting it in the wrong way around, If your Basic stamp works ok then the board is ok, But you would need to check that fully with your basic stamp and make sure you can read ALL the input/outputs from your basic stamp. Use LED's as status indicators.If ALL these work ok and you reinsert your Atom28 and you get nothing then you can count is as dead. So Sout and Sin would have gone to AX3 and AX2 and Vin and VSS to AX 1 and AX0. ATN and VSS to P8 and P9, Res and VDD to P6 and P7. The other P I/O should not make any difference if the wrong way round as far as damaging them. But the others might.

Adrenalynn
12-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh gosh yes that'll fry it.

sam
12-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh gosh yes that'll fry it.

Ahhhh :sad:

Adrenalynn
12-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Best advice: Don't do that. ;) [comfort!]