PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations! you made it on Robot magazine!

Promagic
01-14-2009, 01:22 PM
As I checked my mail this morning my life changed forever. Building battle bots are fun but this is a whole new level! Since California is a bit of a stretch for me here in Florida ill see you guys in 2010!

Congratulations on the publicity!

<Copyrighted images removed>

DresnerRobotics
01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the forums! I am glad you like the competition idea and we look forward to seeing you in 2010!

I did have to remove your scanned images of Robot Mag however, as posting them online is a copyright violation. No harm done, we just have to keep things legal around here ;)

We hope to see what you plan on building soon! Cheers!

Dementedwombat
01-14-2009, 08:55 PM
I must offer my congratulations also. I have a subscription to Robot magazine (even though I know nothing about robotics, go figure) and saw the article. It inspired me to start working on robots and see what I can do.

I'll definitely be at the first Mech Warfare event, even if I don't have anything to compete with.

DresnerRobotics
01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I must offer my congratulations also. I have a subscription to Robot magazine (even though I know nothing about robotics, go figure) and saw the article. It inspired me to start working on robots and see what I can do.

I'll definitely be at the first Mech Warfare event, even if I don't have anything to compete with.

I'll tell you what, you show up to Robogames 09 and you can use the 2nd mech I'm building to play some exhibition matches ;)

jes1510
01-14-2009, 09:11 PM
I finally forced myself to subscribe today. I've been buying the mag every time it comes out but have always resisted another subscription. Must conform... resistance is futile...

Dementedwombat
01-14-2009, 09:35 PM
I'll tell you what, you show up to Robogames 09 and you can use the 2nd mech I'm building to play some exhibition matches ;)

Gracias amigo. I'm looking forward to it.

MSpurk
01-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Pro-Magic, where are you at in Florida? I live in Haines City, and my parents live in Kissimee. As we move forward we'll have to get together to spar.

-Matt-

Promagic
01-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I live in Melbourne Florida, I don't have anything put together yet, but I have the majority of the parts. my email is [email protected] and my AIM is devinsworlds. :D

MSpurk
01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Devin!!! What-up! It's Matt Spurk. I hosted the Brevard Bug Stomp events and Osceola Robot Battles. Glad you're getting into this. We totally have to get together and spar when we make it a little further. I don't have enough of a bot yet, but I'm working my way there. Keep me posted on your progress.

-Matt-

Promagic
01-16-2009, 10:02 PM
:eek: Whoah! Matt! it's been a long time!

Right now I am working from the top down. I have a recipe for mini rockets and the potassium nitrate is in the mail plus I am trying to make my bb guns from scratch.

Matt how is your bot coming?

MSpurk
01-17-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm going the other way. I built a quad, but I'm working on a Biped now. I'm working on the control aspect of it, with RoboRealm. If I can't get the Biped walking, I can fall back on my quad, because I already know it works.

I'm also planning on building a custom airsoft gun. My first attempt was unsuccessful, but I think my tolerances had a lot to do with that, so I'm planning on trying again. We'll see how much time I have.

-Matt-