PDA

View Full Version : BB sensor tutorial

ScuD
01-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi guys,

after way too much time I've put together a short introduction on how to use the piezo buzzer as a BB sensor.

ATM I've only put in a digital version of the software, eg. simulation a pushbutton.

Works fine, but it does not show the versatility of an analog version (programmable sensitivity, window setting etc).

Now the thing is, I've only just started programming in C (finally!!) so I'm not putting them out there untill I'm sure it works as it should.

Question: does the tutorial provide enough info as-is to get the analog version working yourself, or do I keep it in the drafts untill i get a decent analog version of the code uploaded?
Keep in mind though, I may not have time to get something like this together untill next month..

The dilemma I'm having is, I'm willing to help out anyone however I can, yet the hardware part is just too simple to give more info on it :)

Adrenalynn
01-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Let me know when you're ready, ScuD, and I think I can move it over to Published for you. (Or certainly Alex can...)

I liked the tutorial, but I think your code could be more commented-to-death for others out there that aren't up to speed yet. If you look at how I commented my C# tutorials, you'll see what I mean (not that I did it "best" or anything, just a thought)

DresnerRobotics
01-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey Scud,

I do appreciate your work on this, but just to let you know: we ended up going a different route with the target sensor unit boards. We went with your original suggestion of using the piezo-electric sensors, but we are using them with a custom AVR based Xbee board that lnxfergy designed. This is going to be our official route for the competition as we can keep things standardized and tested, easier than having everyone build their own.

ScuD
01-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Aah, I glanced over the topic but haven't had a chance to read up on it yet. New job's taking all my time :o

No problem at all Tyb, I just put the info out there for people wondering how it works.
Glad to hear there's a uniform project in the works to get people lined up for the competitions!