PDA

View Full Version : Disaster! Video of phidget servo control (Comedy included!)

Semicton
02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi everyone.

I've been gone for a long time. I've created a video of my phidget servo control with C#. I was pressed for time and of course when that happens, things go wrong, but it's sort of funny. I've made a few videos of the control but never posted a video of it actually moving hardware.

The video shows me using the phidget servo control while I move a SES arm with phidget boards.

The control is intended to replace the standard track bar control in visual studio. The version I have uploaded to the data center is out dated and I will soon be uploading this to replace what is there. The software control is mostly intended for the great people like me, who, a few years ago, thought about, or purchased a phidget servo board but are not exactly sure where to start.

Hope you laugh a bit when viewing it because I did. There are a few mistakes that I did not anticipate while recording the video hehe.

[ THIS IS A HOBBY FOR ME. BE NICE]

YouTube - Phidgets Servo Control

Alex
02-06-2009, 09:29 AM
welcome back husko!

Nice work on the control! It's great to see it's still moving along:D I'd love to see a tutorial breaking down the different aspects of your control!

Should be a warning label on the video though: "may cause dizziness" ;)

ROBOTMAN
02-21-2009, 08:50 PM
What robot arm is that?

Adrenalynn
02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
an arm built around SES brackets from Lynxmotion.

ROBOTMAN
02-21-2009, 11:33 PM
How much would one like that cost? I want a arm for under $200 but so far I only found this http://www.lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx?productID=12&CategoryID=35.

ROBOTMAN
02-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Where can I find building instructions for a arm like that?

Semicton
02-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Hi Robotman,

Hey thanks for the reply.

I parted out most of what I needed as I went along for this arm because at the time I could not afford to buy the kit. My lack of experience and foolishness can not give you a price.

As I parted it out when I had the money, I made many mistakes because I didn't stick to the parts list for the arm. lol I have a few spare servos now that were not able to lift the arm and a few extra brackets. It's all good though! More spare parts to create a junkbot!! woohoo!!!

Also, I am not using the servo controller board that comes with the kit, I am using Phidgets. They are a great tool to learn programming for fun!

I believe Trossen Robotics sells all of the parts for the arm in this video.

Most of the original kit I started with that is available has changed. Here is a link to lynxmotion for a arm a lot like mine:
http://www.lynxmotion.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=124
There is a down loadable .pdf for construction of the arm there.

While I'm at it, I might as well post a quick replay of my robot programming fail. I laugh when I watch it: :) 14 second clip of pure fail...
YouTube - ROBOT FAIL