PDA

View Full Version : [Just For Fun] Random Tools

sthmck
02-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Ok so I was wondering if anyone has made any random tools/ useful things. Just something that you need that you made on your own. Maybe you didn't have the money to get what you actually needed or maybe you just didn't feel like going out and finding it.

I brought this up because the other day I need some wire holders. I had a bunch of those wires that were just sitting in a drawer in my toolbox in a very disorganized manor. I was like I bet I can find a better place to put them. So I took some Aluminum angle, whacked some slots in it. Slaped some velcro on the side of my toolbox and the back of angle and there you have it.
http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/gallery/files/1/4/4/3/robots_019.jpg

jes1510
02-11-2009, 09:38 PM
I have a closet in my office so I bought some of those over the door clothes hooks. They keep all of my cables together. It's not nearly as neat as your though.

metaform3d
02-12-2009, 12:54 AM
I like your angle iron. My solution was not nearly as hi-tech but works OK. It's basically a piece of string between a couple of nails on the bottom of a shelf. I clip the alligator leads to it.

sthmck
02-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Actually thats not a bad idea. Mine can come off if they are bumped where as yours have to be unclipped.