PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] My new laptop

elios
02-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi all,

I bought a new laptop last night (NZ time) and i was wondering what games it could play....

i was told that this was the best in my price range.

it is a Toshiba L300D/T00 satellite with 2gb ram, 250gb hdd, ati radeon graphics (card?) with an AMD turion X2 64 processor 2.1 Ghz.

Would this play Crysis at the bare minimul requirements??? and what other games could it run????

Thanks guys

Adrenalynn
02-12-2009, 10:12 PM
ATI Radeon __what__? Theres probably several hundred different chipsets bearing that designation now, all with different specs.

DresnerRobotics
02-12-2009, 10:14 PM
1. Read listed recommended requirements for said game.
2. Install game.
3. Evaluate performance.
4. ?????
5. Profit.

elios
02-12-2009, 10:40 PM
okay. sorry about that. was cooking dinner at same time lol. its an ATI Radeon 3100 512mb(?)

im not intirely sure. the guy said that it should play crysis, but only on the bare bare minimul settings.

@tyb thanks, but i dont really want to spend $120 NZD to find a game that doesnt work lol

DresnerRobotics
02-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, as I said, evaluating the game's requirements before purchasing it would be the first step.

If the guy you bought it from is saying it'll probably only run at minimum, and if running it at minimum settings is okay for you, go for it. Generally speaking, unless you buy a high end gaming laptop, you'll only get mediocre gaming performance from even the newest laptops. I'm not really sure what your question is at this point.

Or you could always just download a demo and see for yourself.

http://tinyurl.com/age9s7

elios
02-12-2009, 11:38 PM
thanks so much tyb. i wasnt sure if there were games out there that i havent heard of, that would suit my computer.

thanks a lot tyb