PDA

View Full Version : RX-64 group purchase

CogswellCogs
03-10-2009, 03:16 PM
We've all seen them. We all covet them. Now, how do we get some ?

I was wondering if there's any interest in several potential builders pooling their funds for a group purchase of many RX-64s. We may be able to negotiate a better price if ordering fifty or so. That's only a few mechs worth. Robotis sells the devices in bulk for $210 each (for six). That doesn't include horns or cables. Think we could get them for $180-$190 each by ordering a lot ? Seems in the realm of possibility. Yes, we would all need to find a way to trust each other.

At that approximate price level, who is interested and for how many ? Of course, we should give Trossen the first bite at that apple in return for hosting us.

- CogswellCogs

DresnerRobotics
03-10-2009, 03:26 PM
You should've hit me up a few months ago :P I'd have totally done it.

CogswellCogs
03-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Do you know the expression "The pioneers get the arrows" ?

That's you, Tyb !

billyzelsnack
03-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I am very tempted at that price. If my latest iphone app hits it big.. I'm in! haha.

billyzelsnack
03-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Tyberius. I think your robot needs a friend.

DresnerRobotics
03-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes, you should build him one :p

Keep in mind, Big Blue Saw (http://www.bigbluesaw.com) is already more than capable of making more of those brackets. They already did the conversion for their waterjet machine ;)

I'm also more than willing to help people out with designing different brackets for use with the RX-64s, if there are any more than you need. Would take me maybe 20 minutes to build up a different type.