PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Freelance electronics wage?

ScuD
03-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here.
As most of you know I'm now working at a university, and it's terribly busy yet great at the same time, so I haven't had time to work on the belgium based shop...

However, I've come into contact with a company that needs an electronic design which is quite elaborate, yet not beyond my reach. I would be doing this as a freelance job, after work.

The thing is, they want me to quote a price / salary, and I have no idea what a decent price is?
The only info I've got is the prices we ask at work to compare, but since we're a university the prices are for college related projects only and as such quite low..

I know there's people here that do or have done electronics design on a freelance / home shop basis, so if I may ask, what's a good market value hourly wage atm?

Or do you go for a fixed price / percentage of production sales / ... system?

:confused:

Adrenalynn
03-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Every 'hood is different. What I make in California isn't necessarily representative of what you'd make in Belgium. Call some locals and ask 'em what they charge per hour for design work. That will give you something to base your asking price from.