PDA

View Full Version : So what's with these airsoft tank parts anyways?

robologist
03-21-2009, 03:33 AM
I've visited the Toyeast site a time or 2 looking over the tank parts and thought : Is there a few good reasons to choose one gun over another? I like the M1A2 Abrams gun (http://www.toyeast.com/v3/catproductlist.asp?cat_id=1571&clvl=4), cause, well, it's for an M1A2 Abrams, and that's just cool, but... it weighs 500 grams, supposedly. And the Leapord at 500 g, the Tiger at 300 or 350 and the Type 90 at 500 g, but then there's the T72 at 250 g (http://www.toyeast.com/v3/catproductlist.asp?cat_id=2162&clvl=4) . Doesn't seem to be much variation in price but somewhat in weight, which could be handy. So my questions would be, has anyone compared these? Are the heavier guns better shooters or have a better mechanism? What kinda fps or accuracy is seen from what you have? Hope this hasn't been gone over before, thought I looked in the right area.

DresnerRobotics
03-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Weight is incorrect, each gun weighs around 70-80g. Only difference is the style and barrel length, they all use the same mechanism.

I'd guesstimate them at about 60rpm and about 100fps.

Better deal is to buy a pair of gun mechanisms from Mato Toys in canada for like $11 USD and add your own barrels. Shipping is MUCH less.

Adrenalynn
03-21-2009, 01:01 PM
The Mato Toys get at least 120fps from 9v. The four I have here make 121 - 135fps

robologist
03-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Thnx Tybs and Lynn, those seem a lot cheaper, and good to hear about the weight, and shot velocity. Think I missed them mentioned somewhere. Sorta remember someone mentioning barrel trimming, to get a straighter shot (backspin?). Oh, how well would these work at 7.2 volts? Too low?

gdubb2
03-23-2009, 11:13 AM
In my opinion, the main advantage to overvolting these guns is that they shoot faster, The firing rate at 6 volts is terrible, at 9 volts, it's almost bearable, 7.2 would be somewhere between. I have the same guns, and at 9 volts, I get about 1 shot per sec from each gun. Running them from the same relay, they go in at out of phase with one another, which indicates to me that the motors are not at exactly the same speed. I don't think the voltage has any effect on the BB velocity, as the piston that creats the air to move the BB is spring driven.

If you can live with the slower firing rate, I don't see where 7.2 volts is a bad thing.

Good luck
Gary

mdjeguy
06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Looking for wiring information for the T-72 VSTank Barrel. We got one and can't find anything on this. It comes with what looks like an on/off switch, and probably power and fire connectors.

Thanks,

DresnerRobotics
06-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Usually there are leads for the switch (which is optional), leads that go to the motor (positive and negative), and depending on the model there are leads for an LED. That's pretty much all you need to know.

mdjeguy
06-29-2010, 06:51 PM
OK, very cool! We got the gun to fire with about 6V, but w/ positive and negative reversed. Any idea of typical/max motor voltage and required current? Do the LED wires output to an LED, or do you apply voltage to make an internal LED light up? Neither seemed to work for us.
Thanks again for your help,
Martin