PDA

View Full Version : Isobot psp battery mod

Nelsontheunholy
03-25-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi Guys

I am currently working up a mod for the isobot the will when done let him be powered by a 3.6v 3600mah psp battery. I know lipo batterys have undervoltage problems and need a voltage regulator to keep a constant 3.6v. I chose the psp battery for 2 reasons.

1 The size of the psp battery is just small enough to fit under the isobots chestplate plus supplys the correct 3.6v and being a commodity part can be picked up for not much money.

2 the psp battery has its own onboard voltage regulator and and low voltage cutoff. I am guessing sony did this in order to make sure it was supplying the correct voltage and is not frying the psps' while also making sure people where not over discharging it.

Now the isobot itself has its own low voltage detection and will shut itself down once the batterys get too low.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will post a walkthru of the mod once I am finished.

THanks!!

rkayd
10-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea! I have 4 psp's lying around and i was thinking of using some parts towards robots. :D

Robert
12-16-2009, 10:32 AM
There used to be a bunch of small PSP battery chargers on ebay that you could just clip the battery into. I would suggest buying one of those and just remove all the internals from it. Would make a pretty decent battery holder.