PDA

View Full Version : Need help with robot competition

ANUJ
04-12-2009, 08:06 AM
hi guys,
i am ANUJ,i am working on a project.ineed some help....i need to prepare a manually controlled(not autonomous )robot,and i m doing this first time.....i am posting the problem statement here...if u have some suggestions,then plz u are most welcome...
You have to design and build a manually controlled robot, whose aim is to completely traverse the full track while performing various tasks. The track is a multi terrain environment which needs to be traversed. Please check the track details in the figure.

PROBLEM STATEMENT:
Track Description

Robots would be placed at ‘Start’. At a distance of 50 cm is placed a Lawn Tennis ball in the centre of the track. This ball needs to be dropped into the hole in front at a distance of 15 cm. After another 15 cm there is a Table Tennis Ball close to track’s edge. This ball needs to be dropped in the hole in front at 15 cm. There is an enclosing wooden wall of height 10 cm as shown in figure. After this, there are 4 speed breakers which need to be crossed. These speed breakers are placed 8 cm apart. Height of these speed breakers would be 0.5 cm. Points will be granted only if all the 4 speed breakers are crossed completely.

Next, after a gap of 25 cm, there is a TT ball placed 5cm from the track’s edge. This ball is to be dropped into the hole on the right in the figure. Next, there is a trench in the track, 45 cm long, 10 cm wide. There is a clearance of 10 cm on both sides of the trench. After this, there is a left turn, after which are placed two plastic pipe pieces, which need to be dropped in the gap before crossing it.

After this, a stick is placed on the top of 4 bottles. Robots, attempting this task would have to make the stick drop from the bottles. If the stick touches the robot after the fall, there is a penalty. If the robot is able to dodge the stick, the task has been successfully completed. After this the robot has to cross a sandy area of length and width 30 cm. Following which, there is a ball placed in a square area full of sand. The ball is NOT buried in sand, it is placed on the surface. This ball has to be dropped in a hole on the other side of a pit full of pebbles.

http://www.literati.net.in/2009/images/roborynthtrack.jpg

Adrenalynn
04-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I moved this post to its own thread, ANUJ - and welcome to the forum!

Interesting sounding competition. I'll comment more a bit later!

darkback2
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey Anuj, Welcome to the forum.

I don't know if you have had a chance to browse around, but the guy featured in this link Adrenalynn's rover with arm (http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showpost.php?p=25571&postcount=54) seams like a great place to start looking for ideas. This seams like a really good project. Best of luck.

DB

Adrenalynn
04-12-2009, 10:11 PM
That base is too big. He needs something smaller.

lnxfergy
04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
That base is too big. He needs something smaller.

Yeah, mini-sumo size is probably optimal (you can go around obstacles), otherwise something on the 8"x8" size with tracks might be able to bridge some of those gaps (mainly the one in that 90 degree turn is the tough one).

-Fergs

gaurav.p
07-18-2009, 01:09 AM
GR8 PROBLEM STATEMENT WELL IN STEAD OF THE ROBOT ARM U CAN MAKE A MECHANISM WHERE U JUST FIRST TRAP THE BALL AND THEN DRAG IT AND PUT IT IN THE HOLE AS SPECIFIED AND FR BRINGGING DOWN THE BOTTLES U CAN JUST FIRST GO THROUGH T HE OBSTACLE AND THE JUST PUSH THE BOTTLE USING DRAG FUNCTION.

PS-WHERE IN INDIA IS THIS COMPETITION IS BEING HELD(IF IN MUMBAI PLEASE TELL me )

Noodle
07-18-2009, 02:32 AM
GR8 PROBLEM STATEMENT WELL IN STEAD OF THE ROBOT ARM U CAN MAKE A MECHANISM WHERE U JUST FIRST TRAP THE BALL AND THEN DRAG IT AND PUT IT IN THE HOLE AS SPECIFIED AND FR BRINGGING DOWN THE BOTTLES U CAN JUST FIRST GO THROUGH T HE OBSTACLE AND THE JUST PUSH THE BOTTLE USING DRAG FUNCTION.

PS-WHERE IN INDIA IS THIS COMPETITION IS BEING HELD(IF IN MUMBAI PLEASE TELL me )

It's very nasty having to read a message all in capitals. It's like walking into a room and yelling "HELLO". Please use your inside voices on the internet :).

Thanks. Looks like a fun project too :)

gaurav.p
07-18-2009, 03:41 AM
sry to anybbody if my use of capital letters has hurt anybody and i will ensure that i will always use small font
sry
-gaurav