PDA

View Full Version : 2 motors robot + Sharp IR G2D12

seerj
04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi to all the community. I'm new here.I'm working on a robot that was built by a guy that worked on it before me. This is a 2 wheeled robot with a rotating tower on the top having 6 SharpIR G2D12 sensors to scan the range. I read (hope enough) about that kind of sensors but I still have some questions: i need to find a way to let the robot to advoiding the obstacles.To get sensors infos I'm using a software written in C/C++ by the guy that built it where I added a function that saves every 5 seconds (or i can change this time interval) sensors infos in a text file.Then i plotted them in Matlab and I've got a strange bias. To get these infos I placed the robot in front of a plywood table about 20 cm,then i tried from 40cm.I saw a videoclip on a website where a guy made a fast robot that knows when it reaches the wall and use a control to avoid it using sharpIRs.Impressive even if the robot i'm working on doesn't need to run fast. The idea is to move forward,check sensors range if there is something at 20cm,it turns,checks again and go forward if there isn't anything.

Thanks in advance to everyone for every help!

Adrenalynn
04-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You didn't mention what you're using to read the sensor, and what interface?

seerj
04-14-2009, 03:11 PM
thanks u for welcoming me. The data that the remote control software recieve from the robot(via wireless module) are sent in a frame where are stored both odometric parameters and the data from sensors. Now watching at circuital scheme I'm seeing that all sensors are plugged in the BX24P microcontroller. the guy that built it made a "sensor board" and a "motor board".On the sensor board there are connettors of the I2C bus and ADC channels.The only thing that i'm able to do is work with these sensors data. I can't modify the software stored in the microcontroller (written in BasicX).