PDA

View Full Version : How do you sell 10+ years of robot parts?

SimonArthur
04-18-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm attempting to make room for the our new baby, due at the end of May.

I tended to keep bot stuff that I wasn't using. For example, I've got the drive motors and frame pieces from the very first robot I built, in 1996. I just now tossed the frame that won me "most owned" at the North Carolina Robot Street Fight.

Now, most of these pieces aren't very valuable. But, taken as a whole, the miscellaneous pieces that are still in usable condition probably cost me $1000+. So I really don't want to just chuck them in the trash.

On the other hand, it seems an incredible pain to catalog every sprocket, motor, hydraulic connector, gear, bearing block, roller chain, pressure gauge, pneumatic cylinder, spring, pneumatic hose, etfc. to sell. So what's the best way to unload it? Will people buy a set of "pneumatic components" if I just provide a photo?

Adrenalynn
04-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I'd guess "yes". There are a lot of tinkerers here that want value. If you're willing to discount steeply, I suspect that you'll find takers on things that'd surprise you. I know I've personally cleaned out a lot of Trossen's unsaleable inventory... ;)

BTW: CONGRATS! :)