PDA

View Full Version : Regading my Bioloid Why is this happening?

sniperscope
05-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Hello everyone: I have added 3 servos to my Bioloid humanoid robot. 1 for the waist and one for each arm to allow for a custom gripper. I have configured the extra servos ID's and ran the check program to make sure no errors pop up. I have checked to make sure all of the servos starting points are correct. With that said, when I run the motion editor his arms appear as extended when in fact they are not. Is this because I am loading a 19DOF? I have not made a 21DOF file yet (still learning).
Many thanks to however responds.

MikeG
05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
That's because a robot file does not exist for your new robot creation. You'll need to load the default robot file which displays images of the AX-12. In your case, 21 AX-12s. I'm not sure if Motion Editor handles more than 18 AX-12s. Read the manual!

DresnerRobotics
05-04-2009, 09:45 AM
That's because a robot file does not exist for your new robot creation. You'll need to load the default robot file which displays images of the AX-12. In your case, 21 AX-12s. I'm not sure if Motion Editor handles more than 18 AX-12s. Read the manual!

If memory serves, it can, but you're exactly right. You can't use a robot file that has the incorrect number of servos allocated and expect it to function correctly.

Honestly, if you're going to be using custom configurations and the Bioloid software, do yourself a favor now and learn the Robot Terminal mode. Its not as 'pretty' but is 10x more practical once you learn it, and I know for a fact it will handle up to 30 servos.

sniperscope
05-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was heading in that direction after investigationg what my options were. I have been reading up on using Robot Terminal mode and will run some tests to make sure my setup is correct. I am also looking to move forward and buy a board to enhance my robots with more options. I was thinking about the Axon. If you disagree please recommend a board for me to investigate. Again. Thanks, I can now stop wondering about my setup and just use Robot Terminal mode.
John

sniperscope
05-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Well guys I'm up to the point where I understand most of the commands in Robot Terminal. I am positioning, writing and changing the speeds etc.

At the moment I cannot spot any conflicts as the robot is responding to my inputs. Still can't figure out why his arms show as spread out in Motion Editor and do not display correctly. I don't really care except that it bugs me.

My next step is to figure out how capture a clean walking motion in Robot Term. I would be grateful for any hints and tips.

On another note I started my self teaching course using Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics. Once I understand the basic why of things I'll pickup my first board (Axon or Roboard). There's nothing like a fever for something to motivate someone to learn.
Regards

Obscene
05-23-2009, 02:49 PM
The reason the arms in the Motion Editor are differing from the arms on your bot is because Motion Editor isn't capable of showing or manipulating more than 19 servos at a time if memory serves me correctly. If you search the robosavvy forums, you'll find a link to download a modified motion editor program that supports upwards of ~30 servos at a time.

Don't ask me why. Robotis, for some reason, felt the need to wildly limit the Motion Editor program in its practical functionality.

Doing your own programming or even just using Robot Terminal is a step in the right direction anyway.

Last I tried, the link was dead and the author didn't reply to private messages, so good luck!

tom_chang79
05-27-2009, 09:26 AM
I have 19 AX-12s in my Bioloid. One word of precaution is that if you don't have the motion files defined for those extra AX-12s, it will tend to just rail to one side. I have the 19th one in the torso, and in some of the motion control pages, the motion for the 19th one isn't defined, so the waist just starts to twist in one direction continuously, until the cable that is hooked up to it stops it (not a good thing since it can potentially yank it out).

Make sure you go back and edit your motion files if you are going to use any of the default, canned moves!

:happy: