PDA

View Full Version : Trossen stickers?

nbdeveloper
06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
So when I buy something from Trossen I get a sticker in the box which is totally cool, but I haven't got an "I build robots" sticker for a while and I want something to put on the back of my car. So far I've only got one of those and it is permanently stuck to my PC.

I live in a smaller town that doesn't have a robotics club and I'd like a..."passive agressive" way of fishing for like minded individuals. Seems like a sticker on the back of my car saying I build robots might be enough to break the ice. I like that sticker because the words can be read from a distance.

Can I buy it from somewhere? I did a search for "sticker" on the trossen site but only RFID stuff came up.

Alex
06-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Are you going out to RoboGames? We'll have a TON of them out there to give away to everyone (plus some cool 'I Build Robots' t-shirts for a small fee):)

As far as putting one on your car, many have, but keep in mind they're not weatherproof:( We've been meaning to look into the feasibility of making them weatherproof (and still being able to give them away), but have been a bit too swamped lately.

DresnerRobotics
06-04-2009, 12:22 PM
If you're not going to Robogames, on your next order I'd just put a note in the Order Notes section specifically asking for a couple of those stickers.

mannyr7
06-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Reserve a XL shirt for me!!!

nbdeveloper
06-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Are you going out to RoboGames? We'll have a TON of them out there to give away to everyone (plus some cool 'I Build Robots' t-shirts for a small fee):)

As far as putting one on your car, many have, but keep in mind they're not weatherproof:( We've been meaning to look into the feasibility of making them weatherproof (and still being able to give them away), but have been a bit too swamped lately.

I wish I was. Too many other things going on. I'll be sure to put a message in my next order (should be soon too!). I was thinking I could just tape it to my back window or something like that. As corny as it might sound, I'd pay for some branded merchandise if you ever come up with some in your online shopping. Thanks guys!

nagmier
06-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Have you guys considered using cafepress or another online type "drop ship" operation! I'd be down for a coffee mug or a T-shirt (I don't drink coffee but...) I'd like to replace the ugly veggie that looks like a hummingbird coffe mug I use for pens now :D

Alex
06-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Have you guys considered using cafepress or another online type "drop ship" operation! I'd be down for a coffee mug or a T-shirt (I don't drink coffee but...) I'd like to replace the ugly veggie that looks like a hummingbird coffe mug I use for pens now :D

We have in the past, but things always get in the way of us finishing it up:( We're planning on revisiting the idea soon though, so stay tuned!

nbdeveloper
06-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I recieved my order today with a... plethora ...of "I build robots" stickers. Many thanks!

Adrenalynn
06-10-2009, 03:51 PM
What is a Plethora, Jefe?

Matt
10-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Stickers and shirts are for sale now :)
http://www.trossenrobotics.com/c/fun-robot-stuff.aspx

Meccano Jay
02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I realize this is an old post and all, the currently available shirts are listed up to 2x. What brand and cut shirt are your printers using? Jersey, Gildan, Port and co.? are they 100% cotton, or 50/50 blend, as all these affect actual shirt size ... Sorry I used to be a production manager for a printing co. :) Thanx

elios
02-02-2010, 01:20 AM
why dont you just make reverse-sticky stickers so that you dont have to weatherproof them for vehicles, put them on the inside?

DresnerRobotics
02-02-2010, 09:34 AM
I realize this is an old post and all, the currently available shirts are listed up to 2x. What brand and cut shirt are your printers using? Jersey, Gildan, Port and co.? are they 100% cotton, or 50/50 blend, as all these affect actual shirt size ... Sorry I used to be a production manager for a printing co. :) Thanx

Hanes, 100% cotton. That's all I know, I think Alex was in charge of ordering them.

Alex
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
The were 6oz tagless black Haynes shirts, 100% cotten.

Meccano Jay
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Woot tagless! Thanks for the info :) ... and great shirt btw!