PDA

View Full Version : robonova-1 hand brackets

redefinedmagic
06-04-2009, 11:28 PM
I bought a robonova one kit along with the hand brackets this website sells. I was wondering where to hook up the servo wires on the board and if someone could give me a motion file that includes the basic motions and a motion for the hand brackets. I know absolutely nothing about writing codes. Im only 14. Any help would be greatly appretiated

redefinedmagic
06-05-2009, 04:16 PM
anybody?

Adrenalynn
06-05-2009, 05:06 PM
As I believe Nagmier told you before: "you can't expect an answer that quickly on the forums, there are not that many active members" - If anyone has any clues for you, they'll reply. The traffic here is pretty low, and everyone will eventually see your post.

lnxfergy
06-05-2009, 05:08 PM
As I believe Nagmier told you before: "you can't expect an answer that quickly on the forums, there are not that many active members" - If anyone has any clues for you, they'll reply. The traffic here is pretty low, and everyone will eventually see your post.

I think also.. the most active people in here, aren't robonova biped users...

-Fergs

gdubb2
06-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Patience Grasshopper..

First, read the Robobasic manual that is on the CD
Second, there is a lot of really good information on the Robosavvy site:
http://www.robosavvy.com

My template program is an older one than your's, so it might differ.

You can plug the grips in any spare servo spaces left on the board. I would use #9, and #15 just because they follow the progression of the arms. Then you just use the program to manipulate the right servo.

Ok, The grips aren't to difficult. You will have to set up a "K" number for the grips if you want to be able to operate them separately from other movements. There are some in the basic template program that just play a musical note.

k18: ' E
TEMPO 230
MUSIC "C"
GOTO main_exit

You could change this to:

k18: 'Close Grips
servo 9,150
servo 15,150
GOTO main_exit

This would set the 2 servos in the 150 position. depending on the direction they are set to go, and the zero point. To go the other direction just put in a number smaller than 100. The servos operate between 10 and 190 with 100 being center. I am using 150 just as an example.

Another option would be to use subroutines, and just call the subrouting from the K number.

K18: 'Close Grips
GOSUB Close_grips
GOTO main

Then in the program section have a subroutine:

Close_grips:
servo 9, 150
servo 15,150
return

Another option is to have the grips open or close with another move. Lets say that you want to do a foreward punch but have the grips closed (or open) you could include that within the punch routine by just manipulating the number that goes with that servo.

The real time motor control is great for tinkering with stuff like this.

I realize this is a very brief description of what to do, but there just isn't a cut and paste way to do it that I know of. Open your basic template in Robobasic, and just follow one function to see just what it does. It really isn't overly complicated.

Good Luck
Gary

xx2747
06-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Hehe
I'm not the only 14 year old in this community!
Um... I have a RoboNova but I don't have a gripper.

That wasn't much help but hey, now you know you're not the only noob here.

redefinedmagic
06-07-2009, 01:40 AM
yah cool :)