PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] error 8100 on CM-2+

carlos067
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Wanted to run my headache past you guys, in search of help.

Im running RX-64's of off a cm-2+ and am having the following problem. I went to run my program from Behavior control programmer and its giving me error 8100... so I check all my connections and wiring. Nothing wrong there. I proceed to check the dynamixel's ID's and notice that the cm2+ isn't finding any dynamixels. I go into Robot terminal and run the search command with only one RX-64 plugged in, it finds it and states "Found! Baud Reg: 034, ID:001". So I run scan through channel 249 to see if it picks up channel 001 but doesn't, just returns "[001:-]" for channel 001 and "000 (0x00) Dynamixels found" . This leads me to beleive that communication speed between the CM-2+ and the Dynamixel is not set properly. What can I do? How do I check it? What is it supposed to be?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos

Bullit
06-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I'd use a usb to dynamixel and connect to a pc and use the windows dynamixel configurator software to test and setup your dynamixels.

DresnerRobotics
06-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Have you set the IDs and Baudrate of each individual Dynamixel before connecting all of them? If you have any that are set to the same ID it screws up your comms pretty bad.

A USB2Dynamixel (and the USB2SMPS power unit) is pretty much a must have item if you're working with the high end dynamixels. Makes your life much easier.

carlos067
06-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Currently Im only plugging one in at a time to be able to set the ID via Robot Terminal. This is were it doesn't find the dynamixel, either one. The only way it recognizes the dynamixel is through the "search" command and that is it.

DresnerRobotics
06-17-2009, 11:28 PM
How do you have the CM-2+ connected to the PC?