PDA

View Full Version : Big Congrats to lnxfergy for taking Gold on Mech Warfare!

DresnerRobotics
06-16-2009, 06:35 PM
And really, big congratz to Gdubb and Darkback for placing as well!

We all had a blast, even us poor biped suckers who spent all 3 days trying to get ours battle-ready!

Adrenalynn and her friend Steve were invaluable help there, we had a video setup that rivaled if not trumped the Discovery channel team there, and a big thanks to Manny for providing us with a projector to show off some of the action! Connor was there helping out, getting Gdubb's camera working a *little* better and helping to fend off the masses as they bombarded us with questions and grabbing hands.

Also, Fergs- big thanks to your Dad for showing up and helping out. Everyone there was super helpful and made it go very smoothly.

Overall I am very happy with how things turned out, even though myself and a few others weren't able to really compete. I've said from the beginning that year 1 was essentially a practice and learning year, and practice and learn we did!

Fergs, Jodie, and I are taking in a lot of what we saw and experienced there and have some big improvements planned to make the next year even better. We're taking feedback from those there as well as brainstorming a lot on our own, so be prepared for some big announcements in the near future.

Again- Congrats to everyone involved. For a first year competition we did VERY well, I'm proud to have been a part of it. We hope to see even more people involved next year. =) I am still quite fried, and will be posting more pictures, feedback, improvements, and changes in the near future.

http://www.jlrdesigns.com/rg09/for-matt/Fergs-GDubb-MW-Medal.jpg

jes1510
06-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Congrats guys! For thode that don't know, Fergs started on his mech just a couple weeks before the competition. Awesome achievement!

Just looking at your faces makes me think I missed a heck of a good time, win or lose. Outstanding work!

Adrenalynn
06-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Just looking at your faces makes me think I missed a heck of a good time, win or lose. Outstanding work!

Well, that and it was a damned-fine photographer that managed to capture that totally natural/unposed shot in that environment.

Great framing and composition, but the white balance should probably be corrected in post. I believe it was about 5150 degrees in there.

Whoever the photographer was, they did a great job, imho. :tongue:

DresnerRobotics
06-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, that and it was a damned-fine photographer that managed to capture that totally natural/unposed shot in that environment.

Great framing and composition, but the white balance should probably be corrected in post. I believe it was about 5150 degrees in there.

Whoever the photographer was, they did a great job, imho. :tongue:

Great photographer indeed!~ I bet they don't even care that I blatantly stole their bandwidth by being too lazy to host it on the forums! :D

Adrenalynn
06-16-2009, 07:24 PM
ROFL! Good point! I didn't even notice that! Now I can email the photographer and tell them what I think of their photo, and then maybe dig them about their personal hygiene habits or something equally rude.

lnxfergy
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks to everybody. I had an awesome time.

-Fergs

darkback2
06-16-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't think enough can be said about the people who had the straight up cojones to bring bipeds...it was like bringing a knife to a gun fight...

No seriously...the contest was challenging enough, and for Mannyr, Connor and Tybes...wow...Shadow scout and Clyde are incredible in person...pictures just don't do them justice...and while we couln't stop making fun of giger, in reality that was just us being jealous. I would give my left...well I would give something for a bot like that.

Again, wow.

DB