PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Down, IRC temp setup.

Connor
07-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Chat Room is down again, and probably will be for the day, maybe longer.. in the mean time, I've setup a IRC channel #trc on irc.freenode.com, I'm logged in, and everyone is welcome to join me. If you don't have a IRC client, mIRC (http://www.mirc.com/get.html) is a good one.

Thanks, Connor

nagmier
07-01-2009, 12:25 PM
In Regards to chat being down and Alex "fighting" (tho I dare say its not a fight) with the developers it reminds me of something a freind told me as I was griping about some in-house code monkeys. "Do you know how to tell which developers to fire and which to keep? Put them all in a room, Throw in a hand grenade and keep the dead ones!"

Adrenalynn
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Personally - I'd keep the one that, in the few seconds allotted, disassembled the grenade, embedded sensors, an MCU and camera, programmed my image and DNA signature, reassembled it, and then lobbed it back...

sthmck
07-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Personally - I'd keep the one that, in the few seconds allotted, disassembled the grenade, embedded sensors, an MCU and camera, programmed my image and DNA signature, reassembled it, and then lobbed it back...

Of course if he/she did it right you would not be able to hire them.

ScuD
07-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I take comfort in the fact that I wouldn't get hired, yet survive..

Adrenalynn
07-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Of course if he/she did it right you would not be able to hire them.

Nor fire them. It works out.

Noodle
07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
For those people who use AIM, MSN, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber etc, you may be interested in using Pidgin.im (http://pidgin.im). It will allow you to sign an IRC account as well, so you can be on AIM, MSN etc and the chatroom at the same time. It's one way to be in there a lot.

jes1510
07-01-2009, 07:49 PM
If you use firefox then Chatzilla is a great addon that works well for IRC.

Oh yeah, Thanks a lot Connor for setting this up in the mean time. I miss my robo-chat! +rep

Upgrayd
07-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Is the irc chat still up? I seem to be having trouble connecting.

jes1510
07-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Yep it's still there, as a matter of fact there are several of us in the room now.

Connor
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Okay, moving away from the public IRC to a privately maintained one. Goto chat.trossenrobotics.com:6667 main chat room is channel #trc.

We're working on a web-based IRC client, however, you can use your fav IRC client. I strongly recommend you register your nickname and identify when you connect.

Thanks, Connor