PDA

View Full Version : The isobotarmor Project!!!

xx2747
07-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Hello,
I was working on a project and thought I could share it with others.
So I had my isobot sitting in a corner of my desk. I was, to tell you the truth, kind of bored with it after having playing with it for like two months. Anyway, I had this thought that I could at least make him look cooler by giving him something to wear. I had aluminum lying around and thus the isobotarmor Project officially started on July 2nd. hehe
I drew the diagrams by hand on a piece of paper, cut them, glued them to the aluminum, and cut everything with a bandsaw. Here's a video of what I had 2 days into the project.

YouTube - isobotarmor - Custom-made armor for i-Sobot

So, as of today, after making like 20 more pieces, I'm pretty much done with the armor. I made metal bottoms for isobot's feet and added more pieces. What's left to do now is to make a second video to conclude my isobotarmor project. I'll post it later on.

Oh, and the armor thing's name is isobotarmor, if I wasn't clear.

darkback2
07-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Can't wait to see the rest of what you have come up with.

I know I shouldn't play with other peoples toys...but...

You should totally give your I-sobot's armor a pimped out paint job...have you seen "sir Isobot" (https://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16367)?

DB

xx2747
07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm thinking about giving him a paintjob. I had already bought a spray paint can to paint the armor - you can even see it in the first video. I picked gloss white.
Anyway, here's the second bit. In my opinion, I think the first vid is better than this one, but o well - isobotarmor is the point here not the videos.

YouTube - isobotarmor - Custom-made armor for isobot pt.2

xx2747
07-05-2009, 07:13 PM
i fixed the video problem...