PDA

View Full Version : Robonova alternative Power

xx2747
07-21-2009, 01:40 PM
OK,
So my Robonova's battery doesn't last that long and I'm trying to give it a new one that will last longer. I have no experience in batteries and I have no idea how to connect battery wires together. Also, the power port of Robonova looks weird. Any help?
Maybe someone can make a tutorial for connecting batteries for noobs like me?:veryhappy:

gdubb2
07-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Jack,
The RN-1's battery connector is made by AMP. For the battery side connector you will need both the contacts and the housings. I get mine from Digikey. For every housing you need 2 contacts. (Get spares)
www.digikey.com (http://www.digikey.com)

Here are the part numbers.
Housing: AMP # 1-1123722-2 Digikey # A30501-ND

Gary

Adrenalynn
07-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Massive +Rep. Finding those-and-sundry connectors is always such a PITA!

xx2747
07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
um...
Does this require soldering?
I'm like confused. And, I was wondering- couldn't I cut the wire (with the battery side connector) and just attch that to a new battery? wouldn't that work?
I agree Adrenalynn, thanks so much for all the help Gdubb... I wouldn't be able to do anything without you :)

gdubb2
07-22-2009, 07:15 PM
You could just cut the connector off, but why ruin the existing pack?? The connectors I mentioned can be just crimped on, but I like to solder too, just to make sure It won't come apart. you can also use a 6 Volt DC power supply and a long wire to connect to the robot for when you need power and don't need to move around much.

I would make several packs, then just change them out as needed. When I'm running Bheka, I use 4 packs in parallel with 4 sitting on the bench charged and ready. Every pack has that same connector on it so they are completely interchangable.

Gary