PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Wifi Video Encoder + High Res Camera

DresnerRobotics
07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, I'm selling the video system I used initially on Hagetaka as I'm using a more compact, lower resolution setup now. Note; I have removed the Wifi Video Encoder from the case, so technically I believe this would void any warranty (though I'm not sure what the warranty on such units was originally).

This is a premium wireless video setup which uses a very nice high res camera and an arm-based Wifi Video encoder. It also allows the use of any NTSC video camera you want, as it uses a standard video BNC connection. What does that mean to you? 480 line video sent at 30 fps, and a ton of options including local video recording to an SD card (I'll throw in a 2gb one too).

Here is the setup (minus the cables):

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/gallery/files/1/4/9/2/p1010014_859974.jpg

Here is a link to the Wifi Video Encoder unit: http://www.supercircuits.com/IP-Video-Encoders/1-Channel-Encoders/IPE1W

And here is the camera I'm including: http://emonitoringsolutions.com/shopping/product_info.php?cPath=27_28&products_id=38

Total retail on this setup is about $400, I'm asking $200 for the camera and the wifi video encoder, sold as is. Everything is in fine working order, I just don't have a use for it now that I've switched to a smaller torso.

Cheers!

Adrenalynn
07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
That camera has excellent resolution and low-light performance. It's the cream of the crop. Top of the line Sony ExView CCD on it too. It retails for almost $120 - so that package is a screamin' deal

Sienna
07-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I am interested. Might be a little while until I can spare the money though. (Got to pay rent first this month :P)

Do you have a sample video? I am more interested in the ability to locally record then I am the ability to wirelessly view :P If things get recorded locally, can they be downloaded off the SD card wirelessly?

Also, what are the power requirements? (I assume standard +12V?)

@Adrenalynn: Is there a mounting board or case available for the camera?

Thanks!

Adrenalynn
07-26-2009, 11:21 AM
The camera is 12v. No, it's just a board camera. Screw it to whatever you want.

DresnerRobotics
07-27-2009, 12:34 PM
I am interested. Might be a little while until I can spare the money though. (Got to pay rent first this month :P)

Do you have a sample video? I am more interested in the ability to locally record then I am the ability to wirelessly view :P If things get recorded locally, can they be downloaded off the SD card wirelessly?

Also, what are the power requirements? (I assume standard +12V?)

@Adrenalynn: Is there a mounting board or case available for the camera?

Thanks!

I can get it setup and record some video for you to see. Quality is great on it all around, you'll be impressed. =)

I don't think you can download the recorded video from the SD card over the wifi stream, but the software it comes with can be used to stream and record the video over the wifi, and it didn't seem to affect performance much.

TrevorBrummel
07-30-2009, 12:50 PM
This is really sweet. Can you post some pics of it from when it was mounted? Just want to get a look at it in use.

DresnerRobotics
07-30-2009, 01:03 PM
It's mounted here:

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/gallery/files/1/4/9/2/hage3.jpg

I'm actually reconsidering selling this now... Might have a use for it. :)

mannyr7
07-30-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm still in awe everytime I see this thing! Man, I hope you continue working on Hagetaka v.2.

TrevorBrummel
07-30-2009, 05:33 PM
I'd really like to buy this, but I'm going to have to run it by my wallet first. I should be able to, though.

DresnerRobotics
07-30-2009, 06:15 PM
As stated in my previous post, I'm actually reconsidering selling this at this point. I'm going to pull this off of the "For Sale" list for the time being.

DresnerRobotics
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
This is back up for sale. Price is reduced to $180 for the entire package, as pictured. Open to offers.

Killer deal here folks, camera alone retails for $119, Wifi Encoder is $279.