PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic But Not - MechWarrior To Be Distributed Free On BattleTech.com

nagmier
07-27-2009, 10:34 PM
I thought I had seen it discussed and didn't locate the thread until after I posted this one... sry feel free to delete this I looked but couldn't locate a delete function

Thought that you guys would get a kick outta this.

http://www.straferight.com/forums/other-genre-game-news/181776-mechwarrior-distributed-free-battletech-com.html

Adrenalynn
07-28-2009, 02:40 AM
Moved to OT. Mech Warfare has nothing to do with MechWarrior. No relationship what-so-ever.

DresnerRobotics
07-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Moved to OT. Mech Warfare has nothing to do with MechWarrior. No relationship what-so-ever.

Always have your legal hat on :P

nagmier
07-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I have thick skin, those who dish it out have no right to complain, so I don't complain... Besides you know you've really pissed someone off when you can't login anymore I try to avoid that lol. I would have deleted it had I been able to I looked for 30mins for the prev thread and decided It must have been the otehr forum I saw it on previously. Anyways no worries Its better to have someone thoughtful enough to patrol these streets otherwise it would get outta hand.

Adrenalynn
07-29-2009, 04:17 AM
It wasn't intended as a slight or criticism toward you, Nagmier. As Tybs rightly observed: "I always have my legal hat on". I'm, of course, not qualified to offer a legal opinion, but it doesn't stop me from offering a personal opinion on a legal matter. And I have this big thread-move button right 'ere, and it's one of the buttons I actually know how to use. :tongue:

Seriously, though, I believe it's best for Mech Warfare if the parallels aren't drawn in such a way that it might "reasonably confuse" someone as to its origin, sponsorship, or relationship in general.

nagmier
07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
I totally understand, I didn't take it as a slight at all! If we didn't have people putting in that effort community places like this get turned into spambot stomping grounds and flame wars. I'm happy to have my threads merged, deleted what ever needs be. Thanks again!