PDA

View Full Version : US provider for the Kondo KHR-3

praelian
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Anyone know a US provider for the Kondo KHR-3? Its my understanding that Trossen isn't going to carry that line anymore.

Thanks in advance!

DresnerRobotics
08-26-2009, 01:56 PM
We're looking at possibly carrying this as a special order item.

More details soon. =)

tom_chang79
08-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Out of curiosity, why isn't Trossen carrying Kondo lines anymore? Was it not selling well, or was it due to conflict of interest with Robotis products?

I've always regarded the Kondo bots to be the "Ferrari" of the humanoid. It's so sleek and sexy and very functional...

DresnerRobotics
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
No conflict in interest at all.

Mostly just a demand/value of the US dollar thing. It's likely a temporary situation, but with our current economy it's simply not profitable to carry them at this point.

praelian
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Out of curiosity, why isn't Trossen carrying Kondo lines anymore? Was it not selling well, or was it due to conflict of interest with Robotis products?

I've always regarded the Kondo bots to be the "Ferrari" of the humanoid. It's so sleek and sexy and very functional...

Sounds like someone has robot p0rn on the brain!

But I would have to agree, not sure why Trossen isn't carrying them anymore, just what I was told when I emailed the sales rep.

xx2747
08-26-2009, 10:23 PM
hmm.
Trossen sells the KHR-2 but not the robobuilder kits or Robophilo anymore. Is there something wrong with them?

lnxfergy
08-26-2009, 10:58 PM
As a retailer, it would make no sense to stock items that are not profitable, if they've removed something from their inventory, it probably wasn't selling well....

-Fergs

DresnerRobotics
08-26-2009, 10:59 PM
We haven't carried the Robophilo in quite some time, I believe we only carried it briefly when it first hit the market.