PDA

View Full Version : I have returned!

Maverick_Hunter_X
08-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Hello again everyone! Sorry for my absence, I hit a rough patch with my health there for a bit.

For those of you that sent me weapon system advice requests, I will respond to those ASAP.

I just started my design phase on my bi-pedal mech. I will finish it hopefully by winter, but being somewhat of a novice with robotics, time will tell.

darkback2
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough patch with your health, but I'm glad that its over with now.

Can't wait to see your biped. Do you already have a system in mind for the brackets and such?

Keep us posted!

DB

Maverick_Hunter_X
09-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I want to make it as custom as possible, so I have some brackets designed that I need to have machined. I am trying to making it basic, yet functional.

I also am about to order a Bioloid kit next paycheck to experiment with. I will keep you updated.

Also has anyone played with the idea of using a Wii-mote(controller) to control your robot?

Maverick_Hunter_X
09-02-2009, 07:40 PM
I just took a look at Lynxmotions bracket system and I like it. I may go with that system and save some $$$

lnxfergy
09-02-2009, 08:16 PM
If you go with the bioloid kit, it includes all the brackets you'd ever need....

-Fergs

Adrenalynn
09-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Also has anyone played with the idea of using a Wii-mote(controller) to control your robot?

I was posting info on doing it a couple years ago, along with video and photos.

Check out... umm... glovepie, I believe.

tom_chang79
09-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Welcome back! I too was away for a bit... Hard to resist this hobby, it's quite addicting!

Adrenalynn
09-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Here's GlovePie: http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie_download with Wiimote Support.

This makes it trivially easy to implement wiimote support.