PDA

View Full Version : Selling My Bioloid Comprehensive Kit

Obscene
09-02-2009, 11:32 PM
(SOLD)

Regretfully, I am having to sell my Bioloid comprehensive kit, as I don't have the time to put into it anymore and feel someone could get much more out of it than myself. I've had the kit since around November of last year and have put very little actual usage into it.

The servos are all in perfect working order, with the exception of one servo having a screw and nut cross threaded through one part of the casing. I don't have the tools needed to properly remove this without damaging the servo casing, so I didn't try much more than attempting to drill it out (with no success).

Everything that the kit came with new is included:

CM-5, brackets, cables, screws, power adapter and cable, serial cable, and will include my USB-to-Serial adapter, software, etc.

The screws are all included, but may be missing a few here and there. They will need to be re-sorted if going to be used by someone who is new to the kit. For those of you that have experience with the kit will probably be able to tell the difference between the screw sizes just as I can.

There are nearly two full sets of cables included, but some of them are chewed up, or have intermittent connections. These will need to be tested to insure which are working. I think everyone knows Bioloid likes to chew up his cables. Some have nylon sleeving on them which didn't work as I thought (failed experiment)

This isn't the end of my interest in hobby robotics. I will continue with my interests on this forum and continue to lurk and learn. I'll return when I can afford the time and money to get back into it. The passion of robotics has it's undeniably strong grip on me and won't let go.

I'm asking $600 for the kit as I feel it holds it's worth quite well, and the majority of the worth in the kit is in the servos themselves. I am willing to negotiate to a certain extent.

If you are interested, have any questions or would like more specific information, shoot me a private message. If anyone shows interest, then I will place the Bioloid on eBay for the negotiated price.

-Chris

darkback2
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Maveric Hunter X was just posting about wanting one of these, and the price can't be beaten.
(http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showpost.php?p=33812&postcount=3)
DB

nagmier
09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
AWE MAN! 2wweks ago I would have been all over this! now I cant't afford it until the 21st :( take a $400 down payment?

Obscene
09-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Congrats to bigderhak for getting this set. It's every bit worth it!:)

bigderhak
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks again! Can't wait to get something going:D

Also if anyone is interested there is a kit on ebay as of right now it is at $500 goes off in 2 days
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150370253069&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

billyzelsnack
09-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I hope that ebay ad is legit. Looks a bit sketchy.

tom_chang79
09-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Well, the $500 price is not a "Buy it now" price. It looks like a starting point for a bid...

Usually, as the countdown begins when the auction is about to end, people will play tug of war with the item until the price gets raised to what the TRUE value of a used Bioloid kit will be going for.

A solid $600 for a Bioloid kit is a great price... Can't argue with Bioloids, they are already a great value for what the kit comes with...

bigderhak
09-10-2009, 08:05 AM
yeah this started with a Buy it Now of $600 and no one took it. Yeah I don't know that 11 or so feed back is great if your are going to spend + $500. I was just throwing it out there :)