PDA

View Full Version : Volumetric Cubing and Weighing device

php
09-05-2009, 07:11 AM
HI
I see some pros posting here, sorry for my dummy questions and broken English, i need a little advice from you guys please.

going to create a device that'll help me measure an object from 10cm to 70cm, all 3 dimensions, as well as scale weight the object upto ~15kg

Searching on google doesn't help much as all I found were an expensive devices like CubiScan, ExpressCube etc... prices start from 10 000 USD.

I was wondering if Phidget kit from Trossen with my basic electronics and good coding experience would help me to create some kind of similar device. I need at least 3mm accuracy measuring distance and 10gr for weighting scale. Could you please to suggest sensors or some devices maybe that I can use. If range finder kits available here are OK or someone gets a better idea?
thanks in advance.

php
09-05-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.toolup.com/bosch/dlr165k.html here is some BOSCH DLR165K
it says Precision Laser Measuring Technology - Laser beam does both pointing and measuring.

Any idea what kind of sensor they use? Manufacturer & Model? as complete product price is about $100, sensor should be cheaper as well and accuracy they state 1.5mm, this is an excellent result!