PDA

View Full Version : MONSTER Nitro-fueled 5HP Gas Truck [For Sale]

Adrenalynn
09-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Time to clear out a few toys I'm never going to do anything with.

Up for grabs is a brand spanking new, never started, never had fuel touch the tank or motor 5HP (yes, that's right FIVE Horsepower) Cen Genesis 4.6 4x4 R/C truck.

This was a show-piece truck at the Chicago Hobby Show. I acquired it as the show videographer at a discount - still a heck of a lot more than I'm asking for it...

Once I got it home, I thought I'd turn it into a nitro gas driven robot. Upon reflection - I just don't have the time to play with Nitro R/C vehicles...

Features:

Shaft-driven four wheel drive
Coilover shock system with ten fully functional oil resevoirs
Up to 5" of suspension travel
4 disc caliper braking system, fully vented
Limited Slip Differential (LSD) front, center, and rear differential is LSD
Hardened Steel CVS (Constant Velocity Shafts)
3-speed automatic transmission in forward + reverse with adjustable shift points
Hardened steel transmission gears
6mm hardened steel drive shaft
.46 Big Block Rear Exhaust engine making upwards of 5HP in a 17lb truck. They're *FAST*.
4 shoe high-grip automatic clutch with oversized heat vented clutch bell
Racing tuned pipe and exhaust system with external cooling sinks.
High flow racing round ported manifold
7.5" tires with foam inserts and ultra low-profile "V" treads
"Chrome" wheels
4 wheel fully independant suspension, fully adjustable toe and camber, and multiple shock mounting positions
Heavy-duty skid-plate

Heavy duty high-torque steering servo (10kg) and high-torque (5kg) throttle and brake servos.

This thing will pull wheelies in forward and reverse until you get bored or run out of fuel, but even with all that low-end torque, the massive top-end horsepower is tremendous.

This, however, is not a truck for the noob. Tuning these things is for the more serious hobbyist. It's like owning a race car. The receiver isn't crystaled unless I can find a matching one before this is purchased.

These sold for ~$800 [I paid $675 with my discount as the videographer] - but it's yours for $375/OBO +ship (18-20lbs), priced for quick sale. As you can see by the dust, it's just been sitting on the shelf since the day I bought it. This deal screams as loud as that NX76 nitro-fueled motor, near enough.

You can check out some video, listen to the engine scream, and read some of the praise here (http://www.raidentech.com/cenewge46nig.html)

I didn't get the RTR kit with the wrenches and extra filter pad and such. So what you see in the photos attached is what it is!

DresnerRobotics
09-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Arg. That's a great deal, why can't you post this stuff when I have money in my hobby budget =(

Adrenalynn
09-14-2009, 03:27 AM
It's more that you are always investing in $10k worth of servos every time I turn around... Hard to time that absolute perfect moment to post something for sale. :)

Let me know if'n you want it - maybe there's something we can work out?

DresnerRobotics
02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm going to piggy back on 'Lynn's post here because she did such a good job selling it (I was the one who picked it up from her). Just so it is clear: I bought this from her, I am the one selling it this time.

Here's the deal, I grabbed this from Adrenalynn with high hopes that I could turn it into a kickass little autonomous rover. Then reality struck: I have like 10 more projects than any sane human should have at any time, and thus it has mostly just sat gathering dust.

I added a 6 channel Hitec ground frequency TX/RX set to it, fired up the engine a single time, and started to tune the engine. I think at that point my daughter woke up from her nap (sheer coincidence, I swear!) and I had to shut her down and put her back in my closet (the RC truck, not the daughter).

I'm gonna throw the TX/RX in for free with this, but I lost the battery pack for it somewhere. These are very common Hitec TX packs (8 AA cell, I believe) so you can pick it up anywhere. It's an older Laser 6 TX/RX combo, and I offer it as is, but it always worked fine for me.

The car is BARELY used, having only been started up once. It does has a bit of dust/grime from sitting around for as long as it has, but is entirely rust free and in really solid overall condition (having never been actually used). I do not have the shell for it anymore, since it was ugly and looked at me funny.

Asking price is $300 + Shipping (20lbs or so, this SOB is huge), I'm also willing to hear trade offers but will need to get at least some cash for this. PM me! Do note: This is a VERY big, very serious Nitro RC Truck. I would probably not recommend this to a complete R/C novice, but I'll take money shamelessly from anyone. Use with caution, I assume no responsibility if you or anyone around you gets hurt using it.

Here's a few quick pictures I snapped on my iPhone as it sits behind me in my office.

4mem8
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Omg andrew what i could do with that, damn living so far away. It would cost a small fortune to get to nz. :-(

DresnerRobotics
02-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Price lowered to $250 + Shipping.

Meccano Jay
02-25-2010, 10:46 PM
bump cuz i feel like im hoggin lol Awsome truck!