PDA

View Full Version : Target Plate and scoring

tuzzer
09-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi,

I am a bit confused about the target plate thing.
Are we supposed to build our own target plate and scoring slave module?
Or we just have to provide power to it?

Matthew

Adrenalynn
09-26-2009, 05:23 PM
No - you'll purchase them and power them. They'll be standardized.

tuzzer
09-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks. So where do I buy them?
Is power the only thing that I have to provide? I know that you can take input from the slave module, but that's optional.
Is there any other thing that I should concern about?

lnxfergy
09-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks. So where do I buy them?
Is power the only thing that I have to provide? I know that you can take input from the slave module, but that's optional.
Is there any other thing that I should concern about?

See my post here: http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=3300 about last year's scoring system. The scoring transponder itself will be the same, however the plates are currently undergoing a redesign, so as to be more reliable, and also be unified across competitors.

Transponders will be available shortly, through Tyberius. In the meantime, leave the appropriate # of spots on your bot to attach the target plates, and know that you will be connecting power to the board (see the above thread for information on power, that will all be the same)

-Fergs

jes1510
09-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I believe the target boards also have a pulse output indicating a hit. You may want to leave an input pin free on your micro of choice to monitor the number of times you ave been shot.

lnxfergy
09-26-2009, 09:19 PM
For 2010 we'll also have portable score boards, a little wireless box with LCD displays for "Your Score" and "Their Score". We'll be placing the boards near each competitor before the match, so that they get up to date scoring inormation throughout. (Remember, hits are only one part of the scoring equation, penalties may also be assessed as per the rules).

-Fergs

mannyr7
09-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I believe the target boards also have a pulse output indicating a hit. You may want to leave an input pin free on your micro of choice to monitor the number of times you ave been shot.

Wow is this true? I was to integrate a damage display into my HUD program. Will we still be using last years transponder boards or is something smaller in the works?

Adrenalynn
09-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Same board, different sensors.

lnxfergy
09-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Wow is this true? I was to integrate a damage display into my HUD program. Will we still be using last years transponder boards or is something smaller in the works?

The boards last year put a pulse out every time they were hit (I was using it on issy to light an LED). I'll also be publishing specs for 2010 on an XBEE broadcast of actual score (hits + penalties) of both bots, as this broadcast will be what our remote scoring displays will be listening to.

-Fergs

mannyr7
09-27-2009, 03:42 AM
The boards last year put a pulse out every time they were hit (I was using it on issy to light an LED). I'll also be publishing specs for 2010 on an XBEE broadcast of actual score (hits + penalties) of both bots, as this broadcast will be what our remote scoring displays will be listening to.

-Fergs

Feeding off the pads for led is what I figured. Very nice!