PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Mower [?] Project

Nikhil Thiruvengadam
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi,
I am Nikhil pursuing my majors in electrical enngineering at University of New Haven. I am working on a project called as autonomous navigation lawn mover robot using the technic of fuzzy logic. I have designed the robot butI am finding difficulty in coding the fuzzy rules and I am also confused of how to convert the fuzzy rules into assembly language.It would be greatful if you could help me.

Adrenalynn
09-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Maybe a simpler project that you can accomplish with what you've learned as an electrical engineering student might be a more practical discourse?

Regardless, you haven't told us what "fuzzy rules" in what assembler (they're all different). If you start by telling us what microcontroller you're planning on using, and giving us the specifics of the hardware you've built and the electronics in it, and posting a scan of your flow chart for the logic, we might be able to point you in some direction for further study.

Nikhil Thiruvengadam
09-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey I am a RA under a proffessor in UNH,I can't do an easier one because the robot has been designed and I have gotto make it run using fuzzy technic. I have developed the fuzzy rules and implemented it on the fuzzy tool kit provided by MATLAB.The rules are basically If and Then rules, I have taken for the initial stage two input membership function and one output membership function.
For the initial stage I have taken a square plot of 100x100 with no movable or immovable objects.
I assume that the robot has got two sensors at the front and left side of it.
So my two input membership functions are distance from front side (DFFS) and distance from left side (DFLS) and the output membership function is angle of rotation of the wheel of the robot. I am not able to get a flat base at the output and I am confused of how to go forward.
and then how to convert the fuzzy rules to assembly code so that I can burn the pic
I will let u know about the pic i am going to use

Quantum
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Why bring up an old post that died a year ago and add non-sense crap to it?

DresnerRobotics
05-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Why bring up an old post that died a year ago and add non-sense crap to it?

Stop talking to yerself! :p

badcommandorfilename
05-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Since this has been resurrected anyway, I thought I would point out that this area of research is pretty much solved.

=)

Quantum
05-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorry Andrew. No more talking to myself.

I had a bad day. The only way to explain what happened is this little clip.
I screamed louder then the woman in the video. You have no idea how bad it hurt.
After you watch it I'll tell you who I think it was that sent this robot from hell at me.

Double click on the video and watch it from youtube.

YouTube- Runaway (1984) Bathroom spiderbot kill

Notice who pops up on related videos. That guy Zenta always popping up.
I though dudes from Europe were cool. It had to have been him.

I have to go becaue I need to change my band-aid on my juggler vein.

By the way badcommandfileorname thats how I cut me hair.