PDA

View Full Version : Lighting

Adrenalynn
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Didn't want to derail any other threads - but I like to 'keep it real'...

sam
10-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Just a question,

Couldn't some fluorescent lighting be used to provide a lighting with less spots while requiring less equipment?

Something like this :

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4927989/173773-main_Full.jpg

Put a few on the ceiling of the arena (over the protective plastic) and preferably not over the building (to avoid casting to big of a shadow).

I have some in my room and it works great to provide a constant lighting over my desks.

Sam

Adrenalynn
10-14-2009, 06:17 PM
No.

First of all: What ceiling?

Secondly: You want to have fun with cameras sometime? Feed them florescents. It's awesome. Absolutely destroyed color rendition, flicker at the exact multiple of the CCD's refresh, massive electrical noise, ...

Let me ask you a question: If buying a $9.00 light fixture would answer the challenges involved in production lighting, dontcha think that we'd be using it instead of dropping tens of thousands of dollars on video lighting? Believe it or not, we're not that stupid...

sam
10-14-2009, 06:20 PM
No.

First of all: What ceiling?

Secondly: You want to have fun with cameras sometime? Feed them florescents. It's awesome. Absolutely destroyed color rendition, flicker at the exact multiple of the CCD's refresh, massive electrical noise, ...

Let me ask you a question: If buying a $9.00 light fixture would answer the challenges involved in production lighting, dontcha think that we'd be using it instead of dropping tens of thousands of dollars on video lighting? Believe it or not, we're not that stupid...

Sorry,

I didn't mean that you were stupid or anything. As I said, it was a question.

Adrenalynn
10-14-2009, 06:27 PM
I didn't suggest that you said I was stupid. I suggested that you thought all DP's were stupid.