PDA

View Full Version : Roboard Question

marsman
10-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi all,

I'm sorry to drag this discussion on this very basic level but I hope you can help me to run in the right direction from the beginning. Here is what I have:
- my RoBoard runs a Ubuntu 9.04 Linux in runlevel 2 (console only)
- my RoBoard is connected with my network via WLAN card
- I have another laptop which runs Linux (tbd.) and which can connect/login to the RoBoard via WLAN

Now, in order to do SW development for my Robot connected to the ports of the BoBoard I wanted to use C++ since I am somewhat familiar with that language from my experience about 15 years ago. My dilemma now is "choice". Which C++ development environment do you recommend: Anjuta, KDev, Phyton, Eclipse, ... other?
Once I got that how is the actual SW development done conveniently? Coding/compiling/linking/debugging on the RoBoard is a bit slow so I guess the main coding/compiling/linking should be done on the laptop machine. Then copy the executable to the RoBoard and execute it there for testing, or?
Please someone help to describe what is a convenient setup for this development. Just don't want to invent the wheel for the 2d time http://robosavvy.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Appreciate your help,

Marsman

Alex
10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
[mod note: moved to new thread]