PDA

View Full Version : Sonic and light weapons?

Spartan001
10-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Are sonic weapons and strobes allowed in mech warfare? the point would be to stun the other mechs driver.

Adrenalynn
10-29-2009, 12:52 PM
No and No, and rules: http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=3445

sthmck
10-29-2009, 06:16 PM
How exactly would sonic weapons have any effect on a mechs pilot? For one thing none of the mechs that I have seen being built have any type of sonic input device that would feed back to the pilot. Also if you were going to attack a pilot directly with a sonic device than you would have just as much chance of harming yourself. I am assuming that by sonic you are referring to sound right? Anyway if you did have a sonic device that could stun someone, you would probably want to sell it to the military. You would also probably be kick out of robogames for using it. On the flip side would you want someone to use weapons capable of stunning a pilot on you? Yeah I didn't think so.

Spartan001
10-30-2009, 06:48 AM
How exactly would sonic weapons have any effect on a mechs pilot? For one thing none of the mechs that I have seen being built have any type of sonic input device that would feed back to the pilot. Also if you were going to attack a pilot directly with a sonic device than you would have just as much chance of harming yourself. I am assuming that by sonic you are referring to sound right? Anyway if you did have a sonic device that could stun someone, you would probably want to sell it to the military. You would also probably be kick out of robogames for using it. On the flip side would you want someone to use weapons capable of stunning a pilot on you? Yeah I didn't think so. Just Asking!!