PDA

View Full Version : Battery doesn't work

dantaylor129
11-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi,
I am having some problems with my battery, or maybe its the fuse. The battery itself recharges (when I click the up button it blinks like it is recharging and will finish rechargine but when I unplug it does not work.) :\ I am using the exact same fuse that it came with except for that it is a time-delay. I don't think the fuse could be the problem. Any ideas as to what could be causing the problem? Any help will be eagerly accepted! Thanks!

MikeG
11-11-2009, 09:14 PM
It would be helpful if you provide the subject of your question.

I purchased a <blank>. When I try to <blank> as described in the <blank>. I get <blank>.

darkback2
11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
your talking about a bioloid...I'm assuming because of the stupid way in which you have to recharge the battery, and the fact that you had to replace a fuse.

I would suggest 2 things...1 replace the fuse with the proper fuse...and hope you haven't damaged your CM-5 in the process...2 Get a volt meter and hook it up to your battery...check the voltage coming off of it. If the voltage is 9.6 volts, then you probably did some sort of damage to your CM-5. If not, then you probably still did some damage to your CM-5...though I suppose the work around is that you leave it plugged in. :(

Third...

Check to make sure your battery is plugged in properly...and at worst hack a different battery charger. (http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=738)

Ok...that is three things.

In reading the above...I sound like a total jerk. When I say the way you have to charge the battery is stupid...what I mean is why can't we just plug our bioloid in and have it charge when it is turned off? why do we have to plug it in, turn it on, and run a program to charge it...

Also...the fuse thing...why does the CM-5 have a fuse that burns out as often as I hear they do? Mine haven't burned out yet...but given I've read of people burning them out the first time charging, that seams like some sort of red flag to me...hopefully they have fixed this with the new CM-510 or whatever it is.

Sorry.

DB

dantaylor129
11-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes that is right I have the bioloid comprehensive kit. (I can't believe I forgot to mention that.):o
I will try the three things you suggested and will get back to you.
Thanks!

Adrenalynn
11-12-2009, 04:02 AM
>> and hope you haven't damaged your CM-5 in the process

Wrong direction... The fuse is there to protect the wires. The CM5 is unregulated. I suppose there may be some circumstance where you suck enough juice through a resistor to burn it up, but since the whole thing is on fire from the short circuit that caused that anyway, that's probably the least of your worries. If something internal is pulling that much current then a catastrophic failure has already occurred which caused the fuse to go *pop*.

Fuses protect wires. Just like the fuses/breakers in your house. Motors are noisy beasties that have massive inrush currents vs operating current. Fuses and motors tend to just not get along well for that reason - the fuses get "confused".

DresnerRobotics
11-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Did it ever charge correctly or is this a new occurrence tied to when your fuse blew? What voltage is the battery reading as after a charge?

dantaylor129
11-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I have discovered the problem. It was that the cover of the CM-5 pushed the power plug over and thus disconnected the power. Thank you for your help! I am so glad that it is fixed!