PDA

View Full Version : New camera find, and interest must be building...

Robot Dude
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
The video security giant www.supercircuits.com (http://www.supercircuits.com) has an IP camera. It looks like it might be worth looking into. It appears to not have the inconvenient boards connected at an angle problem the TrendNet camera has. I tried to find anyone who has opened one up, but nothing so far. Edit, the part number is, ACM4000

Specs:

0.5 lux at F1.8 with 1/4" Micron Interlaced Scan CMOS
Comes with two-way audio, white balance, and auto gain control
Selectable MPEG-4 or MJPEG compression and multi-stream compression with variable frame rate
640 x 480 30FPS
3.35" W x 3.46" H x 2.05" D
12vdc 275mA
I noticed ToyEast.com is out of stock on most all of the Airsoft Cannons. Must me a lot pf people buying them for something... Wonder what? ;) lol

Adrenalynn
11-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Nice find, but... Either I'm missing the antenna, it's missing an antenna, or you're gonna run a really long wire. ;)

I can source teensie non-wireless cameras all day long if you want 'em. Much smaller and cheaper than that.

Is there another model that is the same size that's wireless that I'm missing?

Robot Dude
11-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Obviously I though it was wireless. I found it in a catalog with other wireless cameras. An honest mistake. Nevermind... ;)

DresnerRobotics
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
I've made the same mistake when searching around, the problem is that the market simply isn't very mature for wireless IP cameras. I have no doubt that in 2-3 years we'll have a much better selection to choose from... for now the Trendnet appears to be the only decent camera in that price range.

Robot Dude
11-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, just wish I had looked it over more carefully.

gdubb2
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Check Mato Toys for the tank guns.
Here's links for the mechanisms and barrels.

http://matomart.com/prodview.php?p=458

http://matomart.com/prodview.php?p=472

Gary

Adrenalynn
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Sorry - that probably didn't read as tongue-in-cheek as it should have. Sometimes there are generic photos of cameras, and they have both a wireless and wired line. So it was actually an honest question too. We do a lot of business with SuperCircuits (or SuperCrickets as I call them. The first time I read their name years ago, I did a major double-take - I could have sworn it read "supercrickets" - anyway....)

I have a line on some smaller g wireless cameras. I have a couple of them coming in from China - I'll tear 'em down and review them. That said - there's no way we're ordering Amazon-like quantities so they can't get close to the Trendnet pricing. They are substantially smaller, lighter, higher resolution, with better frame rate and lower lux ratings though. If there's interest, I'll need to get a commitment on ~25 of them to bring them in or my boss will kill me. ;)

Robot Dude
11-17-2009, 04:25 PM
If there's interest, I'll need to get a commitment on ~25 of them to bring them in or my boss will kill me. ;)

I'm in for a couple. Sure!

Adrenalynn
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Like I say - still waiting for 'em to come in, I have several different ones coming (still probably two weeks out, samples in an igloo with a bunch of stuff for our catalog), but here's what the most promising one looks like. I literally get three hundred emails A NIGHT from would-be OEM's, so I only skim them once a month or so, since we really only order ever quarter or two.

nagmier
11-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Keep us posted Lynn I have been putting off buying a trendnet since my ROV has a WIFI Connection to its PC but I'd be interested in something in a couple months

xdream
12-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Count me in too!

rebel
12-07-2009, 10:41 AM
I am interested in a camera too.
Anyone break one down yet to get LxHxW yet?

sthmck
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Like I say - still waiting for 'em to come in, I have several different ones coming (still probably two weeks out, samples in an igloo with a bunch of stuff for our catalog), but here's what the most promising one looks like. I literally get three hundred emails A NIGHT from would-be OEM's, so I only skim them once a month or so, since we really only order ever quarter or two.

What do you estimate the cost will be on the camera you are talking about, given the low order quantity?

coreyfro
01-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Ditto, I'm in the market for a camera, but I am concerned about cash. I also intend on using it in a 2.4GHz saturated environment (Silicon Valley Suburbia, where even the bums have their own access points) and I will be using it with a Spektrum radio on:
E-Flight Blade CX2
Traxxas 1/10th scale Slash
Traxxas 1/16th scale Revo
Lots of Vintage RC
16month old human male with 8 channel, cybernetic, behavioural modifying implants (oh, if only this were true!)

What do you estimate the cost will be on the camera you are talking about, given the low order quantity?

coreyfro
02-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Any status on this or other cameras? What's the "state of the art" 802.11 camera

DresnerRobotics
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Best one we can find is still the Trendnet IP-110W.

mannyr7
02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
I was browsing Bestbuy the other day and came across this one. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Linksys+-+Wireless-N+Internet+Home+Monitoring+Camera/9506652.p?id=1218116137449&skuId=9506652&st=wireless%20camera
Any experiences with this? It looks even smaller than the Trendnet. I like the Trendnet, but the length of the networking board and perpendicular nature of the power board makes mounting a little awkward and less than desirable for my application.

DresnerRobotics
02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I think someone played around with the 802.11B/G variant and didn't find it performing very well, but I can't recall who. This was at the beginning of our search for a decent camera.