PDA

View Full Version : n00b question on toyeast weapons

praelian
12-28-2009, 07:24 PM
What do the other (blue/gray or green/black) wires do on the tank weapons? I got the black/orange are for power to the motor in order to fire the weapon. I supplied power to the other wires and didn't notice anything.

Thanks

lnxfergy
12-28-2009, 07:27 PM
What do the other (blue/gray or green/black) wires do on the tank weapons? I got the black/orange are for power to the motor in order to fire the weapon. I supplied power to the other wires and didn't notice anything.

Thanks

On several models, the other wires are for a switch that tells you when the gun has fired (or at least the plunger has moved forward, firing is not guaranteed).

-Fergs

praelian
12-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Thank you for the fast reply!

lnxfergy
12-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Thank you for the fast reply!

You got REALLY lucky on timing... I just happened to be checking the forum for the first time this evening...

-Fergs

jronald
01-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I purchased a T72 MA Airsoft Barrel Mechanism from ToyEast. I applied 3.7 volts from a Lithium Ion battery pack (black ground and orange positive). I think that the mechanism may have fired one time. Although I didn't see the opening open for the loading. When I disassembled the unit I found what looks like one of the stops on the loader mechanism had broken off ( picture http://jamesronald.us/projects/DSCN0280.JPG ). Is this common? Are these guns really this fragile or do you think I got a bad one?

Best regards
Jim Ronald

lnxfergy
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I purchased a T72 MA Airsoft Barrel Mechanism from ToyEast. I applied 3.7 volts from a Lithium Ion battery pack (black ground and orange positive). I think that the mechanism may have fired one time. Although I didn't see the opening open for the loading. When I disassembled the unit I found what looks like one of the stops on the loader mechanism had broken off ( picture http://jamesronald.us/projects/DSCN0280.JPG ). Is this common? Are these guns really this fragile or do you think I got a bad one?

Best regards
Jim Ronald

That's not exactly the same gun I have, but I've beat the crud out of them and they are still running just fine (and Tyberius beat the crud out of them before me...). I'm thinking you got a dud, but it might be that design specifically is fragile.

-Fergs

Adrenalynn
01-09-2010, 12:10 AM
3.7v isn't much to put into one of those guns...

jronald
01-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It seem that most are using the A02102961 - LEOPARD2 Barrel mechanism. I found some pics where Jon Hylands had disassembled one and it looks much more robust than the T72 MA Airsoft Barrel Mechanism.

Best regards
Jim Ronald