PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Creeper 2 Software Update

WGhost9
12-31-2009, 07:34 PM
I have completed software for my Axon based hexapod and would like to post it to the open source community this weekend. The software isn't as neat as Xan's (I don't have multiple gait modes yet) but I figure there ought to be a C based option out there for people to use and would love to get the feedback from people using it themselves, so that I can improve it.

What I need is advice on how where/how I can post the code as well as a short tutorial on how to calibrate it. Thanks for the advice

webgeek
12-31-2009, 09:35 PM
As an owner of an Axon2, I'm looking forward to seeing your code. For hosting open source code, I like GitHub a lot. SourceForge is great too, but takes a while to get an account set up (or at least it used to when I did it last.) Have fun!

Mike

Adrenalynn
12-31-2009, 11:37 PM
That's what this: http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/datacenter/ was made for.

webgeek
01-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I always forget about the datacenter. I need to post a couple of generic models I've created up there. Anyways, the question really becomes "what are you looking to do with your software?" If you just want to get it out there for people, than the datacenter is great. If you want other people to work on it with you - ala open source style, than the datacenter doesn't seem an ideal choice. Both SourceForge and GitHub give you version control on top of everything else they provide in the way of developer management and tools. Both are intended to be used as foundations to creation software via a community vs. just distributing it.

-Mike

lnxfergy
01-01-2010, 10:25 AM
GoogleCode is another alternative. I find their interface is quite a bit more intuitive than sourceforge (have no experience with github).

-Fergs

WGhost9
01-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Okay, thanks for the good ideas on how to post my code. I am looking for the more collaborative option so I guess I may go with source forge but I should research this one first. I expect I be posting the code online early in the week assuming my laptop gets fixed tomorrow.