PDA

View Full Version : hexapod wanted

meister grimbart
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
hi guys ,
i am new here and i am desparately looking for a hexapod...
maybe anyone wants to sell one? the one tyberius sold would had been perfect.

greetz from cold germany
meister grimbart

darkback2
01-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Hey,

Couple of questions...

What is your budget like? are you looking for something used or new? or are you willing to build from scratch?

DB

meister grimbart
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
hi darkback2,
budget depends on what i get ;)
used or new would be both fine to me.
in the first step i want to get experience with a completed one, where i maybe can do some mods or stuff.
The next step would be buidling from scratch.

greetz
meister grimbart

darkback2
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
hmmmm...

There are several hexapods out there. You can pick up either a pheonix or a micromagic for about a grand. You can also go the bioloid route, which is a multi-purpose kit...probably the least hexapodish hex...but still a really cool kit.

Also check out lynxmotion in general. They have several different hexapods in different styles. Again though, for under a grand your probably looking for something used.

I think micromagic systems was doing a run of micro hexapods for $400 or $500...but I can't find them anywhere...(didn't look that hard.)

All of the above kits come with really good documentation, and have relatively large user bases which means you shouldn't have too bad of a time getting them up and running. In general you won't need much more than a screw driver and maybe a soldering iron...

Hope this is helpful.

DB

meister grimbart
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
yeah thank you.
maybe anyone here has one for sale?

lnxfergy
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
yeah thank you.
maybe anyone here has one for sale?

If they had one for sale, they'd more than likely post it in the garage sale section. The secondary market for robots/parts is pretty small, it's rare that someone sells off a robot. There's definitely more people trying to buy robot kits, than those selling a used one.

-Fergs

FlowbotX
01-16-2010, 10:02 AM
I have a fully built MSR-01 that you might be interested in. I'll send you a PM.

meister grimbart
01-16-2010, 10:36 AM
looks nice, u got answer.