PDA

View Full Version : rc command airsoft guns

matterest
01-22-2010, 11:04 AM
:confused:i just ordered some of these for my new robot but they didnt come with wires attached does anybody know how to connect these to a biped brat:confused:

http://www.rccommand.com/prod_images/airsoft_gun_large.jpg

darkback2
01-22-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm totally guessing here...and I probably shouldn't...but I will.

So there is a DC motor that turns a gear that moves the slide back and fires the gun. So...sending DC power to that motor fires the gun.

To start with, there should be two leads coming off of the DC motor. Solder a wire to each of these. Get a nine volt battery. Touch one of the wires to the possitive, and the other to the negative. If you hear a horrible grinding noise, you have it backwards...

Next Order a battle switch (http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/p/5467-BattleSwitch-radio-controlled-10A-relay.aspx)or other relay.

When the brown truck makes its delivery, take one of the two wires that lead to your gun, and cut it in half.

Strip a small amount off of where you cut it.

The battle switch has 3 or 4 terminals and a diagram. You want to connect the wires to either side of the battle switch so that they are not normaly connected.

Finally plug the battle switch into your servo controller on an empty channel.

Now you can use a PWM signal to turn your gun on and off.

If I have time I'll post a tutorial later...unless there already is one.

Hope this helps.

DB

zoomkat
01-22-2010, 12:41 PM
How does it currently work? If it has a trigger, then mounting one of the small el cheapo servos on the side such that the servo arm can push the trigger might be a quick and inexpensive solution.

lnxfergy
01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
How does it currently work? If it has a trigger, then mounting one of the small el cheapo servos on the side such that the servo arm can push the trigger might be a quick and inexpensive solution.

There's no trigger on these, they are intended to be installed as replacement parts in an Airsoft tank.

-Fergs

lnxfergy
01-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Next Order a battle switch (http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/p/5467-BattleSwitch-radio-controlled-10A-relay.aspx)or other relay.

These draw fairly low current, a 1A driver is all you need. I use an SN754410 (1A motor driver) to drive the tank guns, but that's just because I have them on my ArbotiX. If you have a regular digital output pin, that can source about 5-10mA, you can probably control it with a darlington transistor pair (~$1 at radio shack vs $20+S&H for a battle switch).

-Fergs

DresnerRobotics
01-22-2010, 01:15 PM
You'll also need a barrel...

darkback2
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
These draw fairly low current, a 1A driver is all you need. I use an SN754410 (1A motor driver) to drive the tank guns, but that's just because I have them on my ArbotiX. If you have a regular digital output pin, that can source about 5-10mA, you can probably control it with a darlington transistor pair (~$1 at radio shack vs $20+S&H for a battle switch).

-Fergs

Fair enough...that was why I said "or other relay" I was simply going for the easy option. Yours is just as valid, and cheaper.

matterest
01-22-2010, 08:06 PM
my gun has no wires no nothing electronic except for a motor

lnxfergy
01-22-2010, 08:20 PM
my gun has no wires no nothing electronic except for a motor

The motor itself has 2 tabs, you'll apply a voltage across them, from a relay/transistor/motor-driver.

-Fergs