PDA

View Full Version : bad idea?

csdude
02-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi all,

Is it a bad idea to hook up two mainboards (pico boards) to one PSU? (of course one with double the wattage). I know there's a power good wire (and a sense wire, what ever the heck it is that that one senses). Of course the 'power on' signal could be a concern too? (or not?).

btw, I am am setting up a web page (or is it called blog nowadays?)for the progress on my new rover (so far not much progress yet, school started and that kept me kinda busy). If anyone is interested I'll post the link here.

Ron

Noog
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Yes, please post the link.

One question, why will you have two main boards? Is it just to get experience with this sort of thing?

Noog

csdude
02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Yes, please post the link.

One question, why will you have two main boards? Is it just to get experience with this sort of thing?

Noog

No I have some experience building clusters. I'll have 2 main/clustered boards for keeping things somewhat separate. If you do pattern recognition or tasks that take a while.. other things become slow (too). I am using one board for 'navigation' and one for the more computational intense stuff.

The first rover I built had a tendency to drive down stairwells and into walls because it was too busy with other stuff.

I'll post the link. I might have some 'down-loadable' stuff on there too, if anyone is interested.. (I am building a few linux apps to control servos etc with)

Ron