PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] breath sensors

Chicagowildcard
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I have been looking for a sensor to link to a flash (or director) program that will measure the intensity of of a persons breath. normal breathing versus more intense breathing. Would prefer a device that a person can walk up to and breath on without needing to breath into a tube. The device can measure the intensity of the breath or could measure the frequency within 15-30 seconds the pad is blown on.

Thanks!

Adrenalynn
02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Well, if you use a vacuum switch, it would need to make a good seal on their face so there wasn't any escaping gas.

How about a hygrometer (humidity sensor)? As long as your humidity is under 100%, I'd expect the exhalation would be measurable. In an air conditioned room (air conditioning removes water-vapor from the air) it should work well, at least for rate.

If you want volume or PSI, you're going to have to make a vacuum seal. Either tube or mask.

mannyr7
02-08-2010, 08:58 PM
How about blowing into a electric fan, such as the type mounted on cpu's? Would that generate a measureable voltage? Or maybe, by measuring sound level. I've seen Nintendo DS games which use the microphone to cool steaming plates of food or blow up balloons in-game.