PDA

View Full Version : Mech: Un-named as of yet.

Connor
02-19-2010, 12:16 AM
OKay guys, here is a preview of my mech I'm currently working on. I've not decided on a name as of yet..

Thanks, Connor

sthmck
02-19-2010, 12:55 AM
wow, very good work so far. Those guns do look great on it.

4mem8
02-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Awesome conner, smart looking mech, good work.

gdubb2
02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Nice.. I like it..

Gary

Adam
02-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Looks really good, but you should dye the brackets black.

innerbreed
02-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Looks good. i love the cannons.
Mech names.... just to name a few:

Nemesis ,Vulture, Mad Dog, Mad Cat, Timberwolf, Thor, Iron Vulture, Summoner, Blackhawk Nova, Nova cat, Annihilator, Zodiyak, Widowmaker, Burn, Mongoose, Burrock, Wolverine, Smoke Jaguar Ghost Bear, Snow Raven, SteelViper, Canon, Battlemaster, Phoenix Hawk, Crimson Hawk, Fire Scorpion,Centurion,Valkyrie, Scorpion, Argus,Loki, Goliath, Thunderhawk, Highlander, Berserker, Vindicator, Shadow hawk, War Dog, Iron Guard, Hellbringer, Reaver, Arbiter, Samnite, Revelation, Soulstealer, Fusilier, Tyrant, Harlequin, Gepard, Hellion, Seraph
Archangel, Dire Wolf, Enforcer, Raven, Hunchback, Venom, Falconer, Wraith, Tempest, Blitzkrieg, Archer, Cauldron Born, Banshee, Vishnu, Rakshasa

kamondelious
02-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey Connor, well done!

innerbreed, nice list of names!

Perhaps a name to your liking can be found in this list also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BattleMechs

Cheers!

;)

Connor
02-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Looks good. i love the cannons.
Mech names.... just to name a few:

Nemesis ,Vulture, Mad Dog, Mad Cat, Timberwolf, Thor, Iron Vulture, Summoner, Blackhawk Nova, Nova cat, Annihilator, Zodiyak, Widowmaker, Burn, Mongoose, Burrock, Wolverine, Smoke Jaguar Ghost Bear, Snow Raven, SteelViper, Canon, Battlemaster, Phoenix Hawk, Crimson Hawk, Fire Scorpion,Centurion,Valkyrie, Scorpion, Argus,Loki, Goliath, Thunderhawk, Highlander, Berserker, Vindicator, Shadow hawk, War Dog, Iron Guard, Hellbringer, Reaver, Arbiter, Samnite, Revelation, Soulstealer, Fusilier, Tyrant, Harlequin, Gepard, Hellion, Seraph
Archangel, Dire Wolf, Enforcer, Raven, Hunchback, Venom, Falconer, Wraith, Tempest, Blitzkrieg, Archer, Cauldron Born, Banshee, Vishnu, Rakshasa

Some I came up with: Bio-Shock, Marksmen, Mad Dog, Hell Hound, Highlander,

However, I really like Bio-Shock and Highlander..

4mem8
02-19-2010, 02:55 PM
All good names for mechs should be a name there to mach the personality connor.

Connor
02-19-2010, 03:02 PM
All good names for mechs should be a name there to mach the personality connor.

I'm trying to avoid names of orignal BattleTech Mechs as people know what they look like, and such.. as this guy really doesn't look like any of them.. a Unique, and custom name is needed. :)

As for the personality, My mech would need glasses, and big stomach, and be slightly socially dis-functional.. (although, my wife has been "training" me over the years in that respect) :happy:

Thanks, Connor

4mem8
02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Lol funny conner, but know where your coming from. How about just plain ole asskicker. roflol.

Or something like B.E.W.A.R.E

B Bioloid
E Engauged
W Warfare
A Attack
R Robot
E Erraser

No arguing with those guns, lol.

lildreamer
02-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I've always been fond of Thunderchild....ie - War of the Worlds...JeffWaynes musical version of course...but ya ... Thunderchild....

innerbreed
02-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Marksmen. i like that, although i think you would need to test the precision of those guns before you can give it a name like that.

what ever you pick, i think it will compliment those guns.

mannyr7
02-19-2010, 06:04 PM
WOWZERS! :eek: That thing is awesome. Love the guns as well! Great work Connor and GDubb. As for names, there was a Highlander in the original Battletech, I think like the 3025 or 3050 update. http://thundernetworks.tripod.com/highlander.htm But personally, I like Bio-Shock, as it alludes to the Bioloid system.

Meccano Jay
02-19-2010, 09:16 PM
He is looking a bit like "Heavy arms" from the Gundam Wing series. Props on the bot btw!

robokoi
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Nice job. Are the guns machined, plastic build-up or converted from an existing piece/toy?

Connor
03-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Nice job. Are the guns machined, plastic build-up or converted from an existing piece/toy?

gdubb2 built them for me. Basicly, they're stock tank guns, he machined the main barrel, and the other 5 are styren tubes with the styrne disks to hold them together. The slip over the main barrel, and everything was painted black. I'm very please with them, and they look great.. Just wait till you all see my ammo hoppers when they're finished. :) Here is a thread with more uplocase pictures of the mini-guns http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=3899

Thanks, Connor

bonmot
03-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi Connor/gdubb2
Nice job. do you have a video of shooting?

Connor
05-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Okay, So, this mech now has a name. He's called Odin. He won the Bronze medeal this year in Mech Warfare at the 2010 Robogames event. Unlike my previous mech, I'm going to continue working on this one. I've already got ideas for next time I compete with him.

Thanks, Connor