PDA

View Full Version : Board to PDA adapter??

Meccano Jay
02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
I am currently running the Phidget 1061 usb controller. This board can be run from a windows mobile environment.
My question is this, when coming from a cell phone/pda to usb these are often out to a standard usb prong. Is there a converter of some sort to go from a standard male usb to a printer style male end to fit the phidgets?

Meccano Jay
02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Ah ha i have answered my own question i think. Amazon.com: USB Adapter, Type A Female / Type B Male: Electronics seems to be what I would need. does anyone know if this type adapter works for my specific need?

jes1510
02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
That is probably not going to work. What you are looking for is the PDA to act like a USB host and I am fairly certain that it won't do that.

Meccano Jay
02-22-2010, 07:17 PM
yeah im looking to drive my phidget with a cell phone via usb ... sounds good in my head but duno about real world functionality.

Robert
03-09-2010, 05:01 PM
That adapter may physically allow you to plug it all together, but it's definitely not going to work. USB is a little more advanced than a standard serial port. Both the cell-phone, and the phidget will be expecting a USB host on the other side of the cable, which won't be there, and neither will work. It's not usually something you can just fix in software.

Chench
05-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Actually it could work - some PDA's do support USB host - but I'd definately have a look on the internet to see if your model has host functionality before doing any spending.