PDA

View Full Version : Hs-322hd

Meccano Jay
02-25-2010, 05:26 AM
I have seen hs-322hd's used in brat kits with 3 DOF legs.

Would they hold up to a pair a 6 DOF legs? providing of course the brackets and electrics are light. for argument sake lets say lynxmotion brackets and an ssc-32 board with 3oz of battery weight.

Adam
02-25-2010, 09:06 AM
The consensus seems to be: "no way". The weakest standard hobby servo that is likely to be "ok" is the HS-5645MG. Have you considered the AX-12+?

Meccano Jay
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Adam,
Thank you for the informative reply!!
To answer you honestly I drool daily over dynamixel servos.

To be over honest my current options leave me looking at the 322/422 or going with something like a GWS SO3T.
Everyone recomends sticking with hitecs. I knew the hs-322hd carrying real weight was a long shot. sigh so looks like china wins, much to my own regret :(

DresnerRobotics
02-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Having personal experience with 6DOF Lynxmotion bipeds, I can confirm you need a minimum of 5645s and with that your payload is still pretty limited.

Proceed with caution on random chinese-branded servos. :) You might end up spending more money on a bunch of bad servos, when the same money could be spent on a smaller batch of better servos.

Meccano Jay
02-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Andrew, as always handy with the good info, Thank you !!

Note also im looking at only legs or "mech" type walkers at this point. The bot wont be supporting extra servos for arms.

I plan on researching extensively before servo purchase. my budget this year allows for one servo purchase only and i cant afford to screw it up. thats whats with all the servo posting as of late. hehe. I have 6 HS-322HD's tied up in a brat type project at the moment and they seem to be handling it well. With my current resources im limited to hand building all the brackets. Im using off the shelf hobby aluminum for these.

DresnerRobotics
02-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Do yourself a favor and take your time and save up some money for this project, unless you want to dish out money for a project that will cause a lot of headache.

I would not personally recommend building a 6DOF walker with anything less than an AX-12+, or a 5645. You absolutely get what you pay for with servos, there are no 'cheap, awesome' servos. They simply don't exist for this type of application. Every flaw or inconsistency a servo may have is amplified when placed into a biped application. Every jitter, every positional over-shoot, every time it doesn't center properly will simply add to your loss of sanity (building bipeds is inherently insane :P ).